The Spreadsheet Diva's MF Diary

SueP19
SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 December 2015 at 11:49AM in Mortgage-free wannabe
Hey I'm here, can't flippin believe I am to be honest.................should I be here, am I deluding myself, will you all point and say NOOOOOO go away you should be in the debt section.

Well on paper my biggest debt and highest interest rate is my mortgage, so maybe I should be here and maybe it's a state of mind thingy.

Ok do you want my background, does anyone read that bit or do you skim it, pick the highlighted juicy bits???

50 next year, married 27 years, DD of 24 just flying nest.

Debt years 27, struggling years 27, saving years 0 :rotfl: oh bum I need to work at this savings bit.

In other words I am your typical working mum, spends what she gets, doesn't have lots of luxuries, feels as though she has been cheated as she didn't sign up for this life of gruel.

On the up side I always believe life will get better.

Day 1: SOA check (see below)

I thought of waiting till 1st of Jan but you know that doesn't really work, you just end up beating your self with a huge stick because you fail, so I am starting today. You see we went to a funeral yesterday, fabulous lady that died, lived a full happy life God bless her but you start to think......................what have I done, where am I going. Does the last 27 years have to carry on the same. So in writing this I hope I am going to break the cycle and spend my next 27 years happy, during the journey I will let you in on my life but to be honest if I wrote it all down now in this post you would be needing s**nsburys entire supply of tissues and a swimming pool to catch them in, lets just say if it's gonna go wrong it will.

Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information
Number of adults in household........... 2
Number of children in household......... 0
Number of cars owned.................... 2

Monthly Income Details
Monthly income after tax................ 1236
Partners monthly income after tax....... 2177 this is pro rata over year and can vary wildly
Benefits................................ 0
Other income............................ 0
Total monthly income.................... 3413

Monthly Expense Details
Mortgage................................ 442
Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
Rent.................................... 0
Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
Council tax............................. 130
Electricity............................. 60
Gas..................................... 81
Oil..................................... 0
Water rates............................. 25
Telephone (land line)................... 15
Mobile phone............................ 80
TV Licence.............................. 12
Satellite/Cable TV...................... 51
Internet Services....................... 8
Groceries etc. ......................... 475
Clothing................................ 30
Petrol/diesel........................... 280
Road tax................................ 39
Car Insurance........................... 42
Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 30
Car parking............................. 0
Other travel............................ 0
Childcare/nursery....................... 0
Other child related expenses............ 0
Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 16
Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
Buildings insurance..................... 26
Contents insurance...................... 0
Life assurance ......................... 0
Other insurance......................... 6
Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 30
Haircuts................................ 12
Entertainment........................... 0
Holiday................................. 30
Emergency fund.......................... 0
Subscription............................ 44
Cigarettes................................390
Lottery.....................................35
Total monthly expenses.................. 2389

Assets
Cash.................................... 300
House value (Gross)..................... 110000
Shares and bonds........................ 0
Car(s).................................. 5000
Other assets............................ 0
Total Assets............................ 115300

Secured & HP Debts
Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
Mortgage...................... 75353....(442)......2.49
Total secured & HP debts...... 75353.....-.........-

Unsecured Debts
Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
m1.............................2300......39....... .0
m2.............................2700......46....... .0
c1.............................1884......25....... .0
q1.............................1255......25....... .0
s1.............................410.......10....... .0
Total unsecured debts..........8549......145.......-

Monthly Budget Summary
Total monthly income.................... 3,413
Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 2,389
Available for debt repayments........... 1024
Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 145
Amount left after debt repayments....... 879

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
Total assets (things you own)........... 115,300
Total HP & Secured debt................. -75,353
Total Unsecured debt.................... -8,549
Net Assets.............................. 31,398

Created using the SOA calculator at https://www.stoozing.com.
Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.

Bye for now
Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 December 2015 at 3:52PM
    Have you started a new shiney diary - see also diary "Mortgage free help...."

On looking at your SOA, my tuppence worth is -

Gas/Electric - are you on best tariff
    Mobile phone - very high - any better deals out there?
    Satellite - do you watch all you pay for
    Groceries - again high - have a look at batch cooking etc

So you have in excess of over £1300 - which has the highest interest rate loan(s)/debt you have ??

There is a whole lot more - but enough to get you started.

Good Luck with your journey.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • SueP19
    edited 9 December 2015 at 4:08PM
    Have you started a new shiney diary - see also diary "Mortgage free help...."

On looking at your SOA, my tuppence worth is -

Gas/Electric - are you on best tariff
    Mobile phone - very high - any better deals out there?
    Satellite - do you watch all you pay for
    Groceries - again high - have a look at batch cooking etc

So you have in excess of over £1300 - which has the highest interest rate loan(s)/debt you have ??

There is a whole lot more - but enough to get you started.

Good Luck with your journey.

Gas is LPG :mad: disgusting price but timed to go on off earlier than should etc.
    Electric always been high never sure why
    Mobile my tarriff is cheap DH wanted a fancy phone, year to go on contract
    Satellite, yeah tough one, have cancelled sport and movie but we do have a multiroom on it
    Groceries :eek::eek::eek: yep that is current figure with DH and DD eating different things so hoping that will drop from next week but wasn't sure by how much.

So you have in excess of over £1300 - which has the highest interest rate loan(s)/debt you have ?? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: should be a chair by this smiley as I fell off one when I saw how much we had left

Highest interest rate is mortgage as others are 0%

I love the SOA but hate it too because I just look at it and my shame is the size of Mount Vesuvius :o
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 9 December 2015 at 4:13PM
    OK. played about with o/p calculator (cause that's what I like doing) and with your figures, even if you paid just £300 overpayment (if lender allows) then you would pay off your mortgage 6 YEARS & 11 MONTHS early, pay £500 a month o/p and your pay off your mortgage 8yrs 11mths early.

Just play about with the calculator,

food for thought.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • [QUOTE=SueP19;69688426
    So you have in excess of over £1300 - which has the highest interest rate loan(s)/debt you have ?? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: should be a chair by this smiley as I fell off one when I saw how much we had left
    [/QUOTE]

Your telling me :rotfl: that's more than I get for a month for everything:eek::eek:
  • SueP19
    OK. played about with o/p calculator (cause that's what I like doing) and with your figures, even if you paid just £300 overpayment (if lender allows) then you would pay off your mortgage 6 YEARS & 11 MONTHS early, pay £500 a month o/p and your pay off your mortgage 8yrs 11mths early.

Just play about with the calculator, - http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5376309

food for thought.

It sure is, am still wondering where it disappears to. Thanks for link

Can you employ elves that sit on your shoulder and smack you every time you get your purse out ;)

We are on a variable tracker and can pay as much as we like, I know it can be done because I found £1,000 a month last year for DD for her postgrad course
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 9 December 2015 at 4:20PM
    and don't worry about the mountain - you on it:D not just going round the bottom of it, wondering when you'll take the first step onto it.
  • SueP19
    Your telling me :rotfl: that's more than I get for a month for everything:eek::eek:

Now my shame is Ben Nevis and Mount V combined, wish I had designer handbags and caviar to show for it but I don't, I don't even think I am loose with money, in fact I get my money to stretch

Ahhhh I am not a loose pursed woman, doh last year we paid £23,500 for DD post grad course and prior to that we had a second mortgage and high interest debts, so the expenses were at lot higher.

Smack forhead :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Hope DD is grateful and when the high powered high earning job comes along ......

Well you could tell yourself that even half that amount will go a long way to reducing your mortgage. If all debt cards are on 0%, then start savings and an EF and when time comes to pay off cards you will have savings to pay them off.

This is exciting, will follow your diary and see what steps you take. :)
  • SueP19
    Hope DD is grateful and when the high powered high earning job comes along ......

Well you could tell yourself that even half that amount will go a long way to reducing your mortgage. If all debt cards are on 0%, then start savings and an EF and when time comes to pay off cards you will have savings to pay them off.

This is exciting, will follow your diary and see what steps you take. :)

Ah thanks :T

She got first job couple months ago and started on quite a bit more than me (we both have professional jobs)

DD is very grateful but she worked hard for it, 3 GCSE's at 16. I just want her to have the best start she can, I don't want her to have the life I have had.

Cards are indefinite 0% because I told those leeches to b*gg*r off when my interest went to 40% a year, have paid them down from £18,217 to £8,549

EF great idea

:beer:
  • Well you've gave DD the best start possible.:T:A

Time for yourselves now, get sorted, get organised, get debt free and most of all get Mortgage Free:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport