Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi I put a requeset to green star energy to go from British gas to them on the 30th June my gas is processing no problems and British gas have told me that the gas will be with green star on the 18th July but here is the problem I have been advised by British gas that the electric switch is not on the national database to switch to green star and that they have not had a requsest to switch it to green star energy so phoned up green star last week who confirmed that British gas are correct as green star also went onto the national database and confirmed this is the case so the adviser asked my to give her the meter supply number and serial number which I did and informed me that she had to reregister the electric account this was done on Wednesday or so I was told so been calling green star since only for them to keep telling me it will be with them on the 19th July but when I contacted British gas on Saterday they told me its still not on the database to be switched and they still have not had a requsest to do so. so green star rep please respond I would like to know what the hell is going on as I do not want to be charged by two energy providers like some customers have if I knew how much bother it would be to go to you I would not have botherd.

Only your existing supplier can change/update/correct the national database.

As it appears your existing supplier, British Gas, already admits there is an error in that database, best get in contact with BG asap and tell them to get their finger out!
  • domestic1983
    Options
    Well just spoke to British gas online they checked their entire databases and the national database and their side have no issues apparently green star have still not requested the electric to be switched this is very annoying now so i will now have to contact green star tommorow to find out what the hell thay are doing.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID,
    GREEN STAR ENERGY NIGHTMARE
    I initiated a change over approx 5 weeks ago and within 24 hours had changed my mind. I informed them by email within 24 hours that I did not wish to proceed. They contacted me twice to confirm the cancellation.
    They then tell me they haven't acted within the 14 day cooling off period and they had erroneously taken over my gas!
    "Don't worry it will all be resolved"

I took no action believing it would sort out.
    Then I discover they have still enacted the direct debit and withdrawn nearly £200 from my bank.
    My old payment was £111.00 per month. The difference I suspect is because they I think have charged me a leaving penalty for NOT informing them within 14 days. I had, within 24 hours!
    They now tell me they are still supplying my gas but not electric and this will take 6+ weeks to resolve.
    I cancelled the direct debit arrangement they had set up today (despite my cancelling the contract) and Green Star have today sent me a thinly veiled threatening email regarding non payment, affecting my credit rating etc etc.

I've made a formal complaint and I am getting nowhere. They have even told me that 'my complaint is now resolved' - Ha bloody ha.
    So how many mistakes have they made - I've lost count.

I've changed suppliers many times and never had any problem. This lot are entirely dreadful. Just don't be tempted at all.!
    Quick Reply
    Dear Hodge123321

I am sorry for your experience in switching to Green Star Energy, and that the switch went ahead even though you had cancelled. If you are able to email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your account details and i can look into the details and ensure an appropriate update is provided.
    Best, Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • loobers
    loobers Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 10 July 2017 at 2:19PM
    Options
    I took part in the recent MSE switch and the date of transfer was the 15 th May 2017. I supplied meter readings on that date (by phone as unable to submit online) My direct debit is being deducted by Green Star and they tell me everything is live and fine unfortunately my former supplier is also deducting their direct debit and state that they haven't received the meter readings through the national database and so therefore can't produce a final bill. It really annoys me that I've done everything required of me at my end and yet something always seems to go wrong when switching. From my experience it's not worth the hassle.I now have this to sort out!
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    Well just spoke to British gas online they checked their entire databases and the national database and their side have no issues apparently green star have still not requested the electric to be switched this is very annoying now so i will now have to contact green star tommorow to find out what the hell thay are doing.

Hi Domestic1983,

I'm sorry for any confusion caused, and i hope that you have been able to resolve this already today. If you continue to encounter issues, please email MSE@mygreenstarenergy.com and i can review the situation.

Thanks

Steve
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    loobers wrote: »
    I took part in the recent MSE switch and the date of transfer was the 15 th May 2017. I supplied meter readings on that date (by phone as unable to submit online) My direct debit is being deducted by Green Star and they tell me everything is live and fine unfortunately my former supplier is also deducting their direct debit and state that they haven't received the meter readings through the national database and so therefore can't produce a final bill. It really annoys me that I've done everyhing required of me my end and yet something always seems to go wrong when switching. From my experience it's not worth the hassle.I now have this to sort out!

Hi Loobers
    I am sorry for this situation, and the difficulties supplying meter reads. This was an unfortunate side effect of the Industry wide Project Nexus. Your old supplier should be able to stop claiming your Direct Debit in the knowledge that you have left their supply.
    If this continues to be unresolved, please email mse@mygreenstarenergy,com, and we can follow up for you.
    Thanks
    Steve
  • gromit69
    gromit69 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    How long should a reply from [EMAIL="MSE@mygreenstarenergy.com"]MSE@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL] take? I emailed on 2nd July and haven't heard anything yet.

Like a lot of people, I switched over to Green star energy 2 months ago at the recommendation of MSE's Energy Club.
    My electricity is supposed to have moved across (though there are no signs of this in my GSE account).
    My gas is still with my previous supplier, Sainsburys.

It all seems to be going nowhere quickly, all whilst I'm paying 2 direct debits!
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    gromit69 wrote: »
    How long should a reply from [EMAIL="MSE@mygreenstarenergy.com"]MSE@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL] take? I emailed on 2nd July and haven't heard anything yet.

Like a lot of people, I switched over to Green star energy 2 months ago at the recommendation of MSE's Energy Club.
    My electricity is supposed to have moved across (though there are no signs of this in my GSE account).
    My gas is still with my previous supplier, Sainsburys.

It all seems to be going nowhere quickly, all whilst I'm paying 2 direct debits!

Hi Gromit69,
    i apologise that you have not had a response, the MSE inbox is up to date, so you should have had a response. Please can you resend your email and include my name, and i will look out for it.
    Thanks

Steve
  • Burndengreen
    Options
    Hmmmm what customer service, I switched as part of the big switch as the deal looked very competitive. I had previously been with green star and left because of difficulty contacting them. So I switched as I assumed that backed by mse the situation would have improved , wrong.
    Getting meter readings to them is a nightmare, trying to view my account online is impossible mainly because it only shows my old account, I have written twice by email once 5 weeks ago and then again 5 days ago. No reply,
    I would love to cancel my contract but they will stitch me for the exit fee.
    At least Richard Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people, it's an absolute disgrace , they are good at taking my dd on time. I had to write Richard then as this website won't let me write the correct name D I ck
  • gromit69
    gromit69 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gromit69,
    i apologise that you have not had a response, the MSE inbox is up to date, so you should have had a response. Please can you resend your email and include my name, and i will look out for it.
    Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve - I've forwarded on the email from last time to the mse@ address
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family