IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Comprehensive Management Services Ltd - Paid fine, but still being chased

Hi,

I've read through various threads but not come across a similar situation to mine; please can someone advise.

I parked in a private car park where I park every day for work, my ticket flipped upside down so I came back to a PCN for 'no valid ticket displayed'. Due to personal circumstances at the moment I thought it would just be easier to pay the reduced rate of £60 and wash my hands of the matter. Stupid of me, I know. PCN was received on 02/06/2016, payment posted first class on 15/06/2016.

The payment of £60 plus a 45p card surcharge, was deducted from my bank account on 21/06/2016.

I have received a Notice to Keeper dated 13/07/3016 specifying the PCN details and stating that payment has not been received. With the reduced rate period now passed, the balance of £124 is payable in full.

I submitted a copy of the payment deduction print out online and stated that, as full payment has been made within the reduced rate period, no further correspondence will be entertained by either the driver or the registered keeper.

I have now received a further letter from ZZPS stating an online appeal was updated on the system on 16/07/2016, however as there was no name or attachment on the appeal they are unable to process it. If they don't receive anything by 02/08/2016, my account will be left to progress.

I know I haven't followed the best course of action and really should not have paid in the first place, but I'd really appreciate some advice on what I can do going forward as I'm totally at a loss at the moment.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2016 at 12:23PM
    You can ignore debt collectors or you could write one more letter denying the debt and enclosing the proof you paid it.

Then ignore everything unless it's court action.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Your case is exactly like Wheaty110's just the other day:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5495958

Neither of you should have paid in the first place so start ignoring this and read the advice already on that thread.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The golden rule is do not pay a Private parking companies over blown charges, if you do then they will have you marked down as a mug and/or someone that is easily parted with their cash.
    What happens next is that the PPCs will say something along the lines of reduced period passed, you now owe us the full amount of £ridiculous .

And as those who pay without questioning will often be scared enough to pay the next fee upon the receipt of the next batch of scary letters in blue or red ink it can be quite profitable, and all of this money goes on to help further the private parking industry with their own nefarious deeds.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    letters of complaint to the BPA and Trading Standards would not be inappropriate.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Being the bolshy type I am I would beg the Muppets to take me to court, armed with the bank receipt, but I understand some are not like that.
    But it shows what a useless bunch of greedy, disorganized (or is it knowingly fraudulent) scammers these PPC's are!
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,684 Forumite
    Being more Bolshy I'd issue the Muppets with a Letter Before Claim to give you your money back, and then file an MCOL. You'd get your money back, their harassment of you would be cut short.
  • NV187
    NV187 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    You can ignore debt collectors or you could write one more letter denying the debt and enclosing the proof you paid it.

Then ignore everything unless it's court action.

I'm half tempted to write a final letter showing I've paid it, but I can now gather it probably won't make a difference.
  • NV187
    NV187 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Herzlos wrote: »
    Being more Bolshy I'd issue the Muppets with a Letter Before Claim to give you your money back, and then file an MCOL. You'd get your money back, their harassment of you would be cut short.

On what grounds could I claim? Surely making the payment in the first place could be classed as a potential admission of liability?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    You could/should also go for the car park owner ( if practical) the grounds could be that you were miss lead into paying under the belief that the parking company had a legitimate claim to your money.
    You have effectively been conned/mugged into paying
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Nv187 wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to write a final letter showing I've paid it, but I can now gather it probably won't make a difference.
    It probably won't. Normally you should ignore debt collectors completely

But there is just a chance it gets to someone with enough to realise chasing you is a lost cause (and means lost money to them if they continue to chase you) and they kill it.

This would stop you getting (perhaps) 6 years of irritation from them pursuing you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure