Buying Shoes in Belfast

Options
Cotta
Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
edited 18 January 2017 at 1:36PM in N. Ireland
Hi All,

Where do people recommend buying a good pair of shoes from in Belfast? I'm looking for a pair for work and but I have recently been let down by places such as SD Kells and Next where the quality of shoes was very poor and as a result they lasted a very short period of time. Obviously places keenly priced are an advantage too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got my last two pairs of shoes from Clarks and not had any issues (ie they've lasted 2-3 years and didn't break the bank). In all fairness though I didn't shop in Belfast but went to their stores in Banbridge Outlet and Junction 1 for mine. Prior to that I got a pair in TK Maxx and was happy with them also.
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Came here to say Clarks as well. Sale still on in Royal Avenue and I got a pair (mens) for work for £19 a few days ago.

Have also ordered on the Clarks website before, which can be picked up in a local store, and returned there if necessary.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try Reids in Sandy Row or Market Square, Lisburn. Great selection at good prices.
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    Another vote for Reid's. Good quality shoes and old fashioned service. You could try Ecco or hotter both near cornmarket too. Expensive but they last!
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clarks also, they seem to have a bad rep, but the last two pairs I have got have lasted very well and the leather seems decent enough quality.

Paid 50-60 tops.....not much for something you can wear 5 days a week for 8 hours at a time...
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    I went to Clarks in the town centre, however the selection was very poor. I then went out to Reids which had a much bigger selection (some very expensive) and opted for a pair of "Clarks" so I ultimately availed of both recommendations. Customer service was very good at Reids and there was a good range too. The shoes have rubber soles and cost a reasonable £60, I'm confident of better results.

Thanks again everyone.
  • samanthani
    Options
    Another vote for Reid's. Good quality shoes and old fashioned service. You could try Ecco or hotter both near cornmarket too. Expensive but they last!

I have a pair of shoes that I bought from hotter many years ago. I've worn them a lot, and they're still in great condition (and they're soooo comfy :) ). I bought them from my local shop in Downpatrick, and they were pricey, but they usually have bargains on their website.

Sam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport