If you had £100

Comments

• Spend it on goodies at Christmas
    :A Goddess :A
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    sourcrates wrote: »
    £100 quid ?

I'd go down the pub for the weekend !!!!

Really? It would take you that long? Must drink in some cheap pubs! ;)
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • I'd get my new winter coat and some boots ahead of schedule. It's getting too chilly out for my current jacket!
    ¤ £25k paid off with Stepchange DMP ¤ Debt Free 01/09/17 ¤
    ¤ Saving for a house deposit by '19 ¤ Savs @ £20,000 ¤

• I'd get my new winter coat and some boots ahead of schedule. It's getting too chilly out for my current jacket!

Don't you have one from last year? Mine's at least four years old and has another four years left in it. And if that wears out there's the one from the 90's still in the wardrobe.

This is the Money Saving Forum! :D
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I like this thread. DD1 is raising money for an event for school. She has to raise circa £100. She started with doing chores for me to raise a £5. She is now upto £50 ish and has enough stuff for another stall so should hit the mark soon.

Inspired by this I have looked into giving myself a challenge but splitting the money earned into reinvest, debts and treats. This way when i am at home i am keeping myself busy and reducing the amount of time i have to get anxious and depressed about my debts. This time of year is great for crafts.
    Go get it!
  • Don't you have one from last year? Mine's at least four years old and has another four years left in it. And if that wears out there's the one from the 90's still in the wardrobe.

This is the Money Saving Forum! :D

I do, however I live in an old rented house with damp problems which we thought was under control, but it got covered in mould :( As for the boots, that's the joy of being a pedestrian / public transport user. Holy footwear! ;)
    ¤ £25k paid off with Stepchange DMP ¤ Debt Free 01/09/17 ¤
    ¤ Saving for a house deposit by '19 ¤ Savs @ £20,000 ¤

• I've got a £100 and I'm at a loss as what to do with it.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I've got a £100 and I'm at a loss as what to do with it.

Give it to me??

I guess it depends on how much debt you have and what your income is like.
    If you only had £100 left to pay then thats where it would go for me.

However in this instance if I had £100 it would pay for a weekend away.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • If I had £100 right now I would probably put it away in to the Xmas fund to spend on the boyfriend and family Xmas presents.

Can't believe how quickly Xmas is coming!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When I originally posted on this thread I said that in week 2 after pay day I'd be likely to bank it.

That's still true this month because we may have some larger purchases coming up. I have a couple of hundred in my PayPal account, and rather than withdrawing that to pay against a credit card like I would normally, I'm letting it sit there for the time being until I know what's what expenditure wise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure