HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY

:j Hi, I really don't know where to start! .... I have had my Next Directory a/c for approx 16-18yrs with PPI.They have now sent letters out changing some of their t&c's stating that as of March 2012, they will now remove this service but claims that are being dealt with wont be affected. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD RE-CLAIM THE PPI!!! HELP! Please could someone tell me how to do this and where to go.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi there & welcome

If mis sold the PPI, then you can try making a reclaim.

Although I am not sure if they may try to come back and say they were not regulated by the FSA then, so if they reject your complaint the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) cannot adjudicate/take on a complaint if the business were not regulated at the time you taken out the policy.

However, the FOS may suggest another avenue instead if this fails.

Do give it a go if you believe the ppi was mis sold, all you do is complete the reclaim questionnaire which is on step 3 of the reclaiming, do not worry about the paperwork as such, just as long as you have an account number, so in your case NEXT account number.
    Send the completed form to the business head office or complaints dept, and save copies for yourself as well.

Good luck.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Can I ask how you got on with this?
  • Hi have you had any news regarding your claim. I am in the same boat as you just realised I have been paying ppi for 18yrs. I spoke to a lady in head office at next and she explained to me I sign an agreement and thats that not happy.
    Mutley75 wrote: »
    :j Hi, I really don't know where to start! .... I have had my Next Directory a/c for approx 16-18yrs with PPI.They have now sent letters out changing some of their t&c's stating that as of March 2012, they will now remove this service but claims that are being dealt with wont be affected. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD RE-CLAIM THE PPI!!! HELP! Please could someone tell me how to do this and where to go.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,259 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi have you had any news regarding your claim. I am in the same boat as you just realised I have been paying ppi for 18yrs. I spoke to a lady in head office at next and she explained to me I sign an agreement and thats that not happy.

There is nothing wrong with having PPI. You cannot complain just because you have it. You have to have been mis-sold or have it set up incorrectly. Card based PPi can only be set up with monthly cost. So, it is set up correctly. so, that leaves us with why you think you were mis-sold 18 years ago.

That also leads to other comments which can influence complaint outcomes. 1) How have you only just realised after 200 statements that you are paying for it? (this can make your complaint appear opportunistic rather than genuine) 2) after 18 years, your evidence to support your allegations is likely to be weak or non-existent.

What actually was the basis of your complaint?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • How are you getting on with this? We are in the same boat.

My husband has been paying ppp since 1990 and the 1st we knew about it was when we received this letter. I had questioned him about it before but he thought it was part of the interest on the credit.

It was added to the account and you had to write to them and opt out if you didn't want it.

I have received a letter from Next stating that they were not part of FOS at the time so had no obligation to check if the policy was wanted or needed.
  • whitecat
    whitecat Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Me too, I would love to hear from anyone who has made a successful PPI reclaim against Next Directory or Next Retail Group. If you have any info or anyone has any advice it would be very very much appreciated. :money: :money:
  • Max_b_2
    Max_b_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    does anyone have any updates on getting ppi back from next? cant see anything about PPI in their T&Cs and looked at a few of my old statements and its not mentioned on there either
    total debt Nov 13 - £3080
    Make £10 a day Nov 13 £634.68/£300 (yeeha!)
    1% = £32.45 5% cleared
    Nov Roadkill 6p
  • dunstonh
    Max_b wrote: »
    does anyone have any updates on getting ppi back from next? cant see anything about PPI in their T&Cs and looked at a few of my old statements and its not mentioned on there either

If it doesnt appear on the statements then why do you think you have it and why do you think you were mis-sold something you don't appear to have?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Max_b_2
    Max_b_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    sorry I am just starting out looking into this ppi thing. so if we have paid ppi for something it would show on an itemised statement?
    total debt Nov 13 - £3080
    Make £10 a day Nov 13 £634.68/£300 (yeeha!)
    1% = £32.45 5% cleared
    Nov Roadkill 6p
  • dunstonh
    Max_b wrote: »
    sorry I am just starting out looking into this ppi thing. so if we have paid ppi for something it would show on an itemised statement?

Yes. On credit cards, it is a monthly payment and would appear on the statement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure