lendgo

hi all has anybody used above company ( lendgo ) for remortgaging. im currently in a fixed 5 year with nationwide 5.6% ( 2.5 years to go ) and i was considering re mortgaging .

Comments

• luckyfool
    luckyfool Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    hi all has anybody used above company ( lendgo ) for remortgaging. im currently in a fixed 5 year with nationwide 5.6% ( 2.5 years to go ) and i was considering re mortgaging .

Lendgo are not a mortgage broker or lender . . . basically they are a marketing company/lead generator and will sell your enquiry on to a mortgage broker who would contact you directly after you submit your online enquiry. How good yours or other peoples experiences would be will depend on who you end up speaking to which could be one of hundreds of different brokers.
  • thanx for that lucky fool. what are the best deals at mo .
  • luckyfool
    Depends on what you want. Fixed/Variable, short/long term, 10%/25%/40% deposits etc.

e.g. with a 40% deposit you can fix your mortgage for 10 years at 4.99% which is historically a pretty good rate, 2 yr fixed rates are available at around 4.2% and you can get trackers at 3.5-4.4% depending on deposit/income etc.
  • i currently owe 90k over 16 years , if i went fixed at the 2 year rate stated (4.2 )how much would i be paying per month
  • luckyfool
    On a mortgage of that size are you sure you want to be paying fees every couple of years to get a new deal? How long are you likely to be staying in the property for?

Assuming a 16 yr term your mortgage payment would come in at around £644.
  • hi luckyfool, i cant see me moving to tell the truth and i currently pay £710 on my fixed rate. do you think i should shop around for a better deal even though there will be a cash penalty to terminate my fixed term.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    you choose a fixed rate mortgage for financial stabiity, you have 2.5yrs to go so u will have exit penalties, arrangement fee with new lender..........does it make financial sense to move?.........base yr decision on yr calcuations
  • just to add to my thread, ive just been into the abbey to pay some bills and they want to offer me 2.5% fixed for 2 years. how much would i be paying per month :confused: , i owe 90k ,16 years left.
  • jill2002
    jill2002 Posts: 272 Forumite
    I think you will find that it is a 2.99% 2 year fixed rate with a £599 fee (must be paid upfront). Exclusively for existing Abbey Bank account customers who have an active Bank account with them for 12 months.

Your payments would be £590.35 on a £90k mortgage over 16 years on repayment.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure