IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NIP 63 in a 50 MPH Zone

dipsy
dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
edited 4 January 2010 at 3:04PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi does anyone know what is best course of action

received a NIP to MR x - I am Miss X 63 in a 50 zone says local manned equipment.

Mr X does not live at my address and has not done so for over 9 years...

anyway I was very confused as the car reg bore no resemblance to either my vehicle registration nor his

However, as the title is incorrect, should I just return stating no one of that name resides at that address

not sure how to proceed

any advice please?

thanks in advance
2007 £1749
2008 £291.99
2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
total so far for 09 £92.99

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Your best bet is to post this on pepipoo because you are dealing with technicalities of the NIP here and the legal eagles will be able to advise. If you send it back they will get back to the vehicle owner for clarification and may well end up coming back to you.
  • dipsy
    Hi Thanks for that molerat, will post on pepipoo....
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
  • dipsy
    have posted on website as suggested, but nothing as yet....

think I will ring police on number which is only open from 1 and let them know it arrived, but not in my name and I don't know the vehicle....
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    NEVER, NEVER lie ,even by omisssion, to the police. Its just not worth it. If its not you, tell them and say who it was when they ask.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • justcat
    justcat Posts: 271 Forumite
    Why don't you call the loan company and ask what the reg of the car you borrowed is?
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    I'd be amazed if incorrect title on a NIP was enough to get someone off

perhaps you and your partner should take a bit more notice of what's going on around you. Your speedo would have read close to 70. Why the hell either of you would think that's okay in a 50mph zone is beyond me.
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • dipsy
    edited 4 January 2010 at 3:06PM
    NEVER, NEVER lie ,even by omisssion, to the police. Its just not worth it. If its not you, tell them and say who it was when they ask.

Im not lying,

its not my car, the NIP is not in my name, I opened it as I thought it was a circular as my ex husband has not lived at my address for over 9 years so I just thought it was a piece of junk mail

so if I called and said I opened the post but the name is not mine and the car is not mine

called and they said to return it and they would look into it.
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
  • justcat
    dipsy wrote: »
    Im not lying,

its not my car, the NIP is not in my name, I opened it as I thought it was a circular as my ex husband has not lived at my address for over 9 years so I just thought it was a piece of junk mail

so if I called and said I opened the post but the name is not mine and the car is not mine

No it's not your car but you were in possesion of the car when the offence was. THEY WILL find out that you (or partner) had the car at the time.
    You may as well deal with it now rather than put it off as it will definately come back to bite you on the a**
  • justcat
    And they said by omission. So not telling them that you were using the car at the time may get you in trouble.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    dipsy wrote: »
    Im not lying,

I'm not clear - did you actually commit speeding offence that the NIP refers to or not?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport