PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Feed a family of four for £20 a week challenge

Butterfly_Brain
Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
edited 3 December 2014 at 1:56PM in Old style MoneySaving
This is coming from the £7 a week thread. We need ideas on healthy meals for a family of four with £20 a week, this must include fruit and veg and protein. And like the £7 a week thread there is no stock cupboard. Can we do it guys and gals? :D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4084527

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!

Comments

• adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Of course the OS bunch can! :D
    Can it be free of yellow labels and minimal home grown too? To make it accessible to as many people as possible.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • To be honest I was having difficulty to work a meal plan for £7 that I felt was healthy to eat even in the short term for 1 person. I will try to get a meal plan for £20 by the weekend. I will be including breakfast, lunch, tea/dinner and a pudding/snack per aday.
  • I think that we can include foraged foods, they are widely available to everyone they will be zero cost so it won't affect any pricing. Aldi super six for fruit and veggies every week are a great way of providing fruit and veg and maybe if you have a little spare cash and the super six items are freezable, they would be an asset to be added to the freezer. Woopsies are a problem in so much as they will not be available everywhere, so I think that we should disallow them.
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • All those threads are a few years old aren't they?...need stuff that is up to the minute:o
    GC - Oct £36.17/£31
    GC - Sep £35.56/£30:o
    GC - Aug £30.73/£31
    GC - Jul £30.80/£31
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    All those threads are a few years old aren't they?...need stuff that is up to the minute:o
    I agree with this, please don't merge it as the prices will be completley different and it also makes it hard to find. :(

I am looking forward to the meal plans. The £7 thread has been a great help. :j
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I agree with the pp, pink the pricing on those will be way out of date, yes our new thread will pop up at the end but people don't liek having to read threw alot.

i'm going to do a meal plan later as i'm off to the soft play area.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The prices may have gone up a bit since those threads were started but it still gives you an idea about the type of things you should be looking at.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 29 August 2012 at 9:49AM
    Pink I agree with the others about not merging the threads maybe we should put the year on the end of these sorts of challenges so that we know where we are.
    Three are from 2006 and one is from 2009 so that is six and three years respectively, so the prices will have changed by a great deal since then.
    What we could do is look and see how much the prices have risen in that time though, if we really want to scare ourselves, because wages have not kept up with the prices in the shops surprised-036.gif
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Three are from 2006 and one is from 2009 so that is six and three years respectively, so the prices will have changed by a great deal since then.
    What we could do is look and see how much the prices have risen in that time though, if we really want to scare ourselves, because wages have not kept up with the prices in the shops surprised-036.gif

lol bb is 2006 my hubby was on £80 a week and it barely covered oour rent, we were a couple living off a single persons jobseekers, he's now on over double that but thats because he's now better trained and it's a family business so not the same as everyone else.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family