Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• Sorry to hear ur news MUM2ONE about ur uncle:(and u certainly sound busy. I know it's not the same but back and forth to the vets yesterday with my mum's cat after he became lame. Terminal bone cancer but not in any pain. Brought him home to spend the last of his time with my mum. My mum doesn't leave the house and has other difficulties so her animals are everything. Felt like a rung out dishrag last night, it emotionally hits you so hard. I really hope that they can treat ur uncle. Sending hugs.

KATIEHOUND I'm going to pinch your idea so I can read the book I got for my daughter for Christmas:) I have to confess to being totally shocked that the GP didn't take a swab, it can save so much time and get u started on the right treatment sooner.

Trying to stay in a normal routine. Spotted a Christmas Lego bargain so picked it up this morning for my cousins daughter. I bought her a couple of sets for her birthday last year, she loved them so I'm pleased I managed to get this one at a reduced price.

Welcome KELLIELILA I'm a newby too, came out of hiding after following the thread quietly. It's a great thread and everyone is so friendly:)

Putting off a piece of work I desparately need to do, hopefully will get it done today.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mum 2 One-so sorry to hear your news. You seem to have been to war in the last couple of years.
    Sorry too to hear about your Mum's cat Happy Kitties, I'll bet she is devastated- pets can be a huge part of our lives, they are in mine.

Hurrah! Yesterday went swimming for the first time in 6+ weeks. Only managed 10 lengths, but that's fine. Wonderful to stand under unlimited hot shower without water changing the temps regularly!
    Think, think the knee is on the right road.... finally....! Physio pleased with progress and wants to see me once more, end of this month.

No wonder NHS struggling. Also yesterday received a letter saying that due to unforeseen circumstamces they had cancelled clinic for Feb 1st and could not offer another appt. What a waste, of paper, time postage: they phoned me on Tues re cancellation and have sent out a new appt notification already.

Good news- all the dog bone foodie bags finally sold, so another £35 for charity. The village PO has just 4 doggie duvets left so will start the factory slowly this w/e. I picked up a nice brown/ cream/ turq dbl duvet cover +2 x p/cases for £1 in Age Concern, and a brand new patterned Damart fleece for £3. Then into Wilco for a tray of polyanthus (just needed dead heading) half price @ £2.50 for 10. They are already in situ brightening up pots which will have bulbs shooting soon.

And today is a lovely sunny morning. Onward and up wards.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mum2one sorry about your uncle's diagnosis.

katie pleased your kneecap on the mend.

I bought my first stocking filler whilst in town this week. I'm only going to buy stuff that will be used, so it's going to be a bit more difficult. I'm thinking of getting stuff like water bottles, hair clips, winter hats, PE bags, DVDs.
  • Katiehound-brilliant news about ur swim and that the physio is pleased.
    Have been wrapping birthday and Christmas presents tonight-find it a form of stress relief if I'm in the mood to do it. I also find that if I don't wrap as I go along for Christmas then my stress levels would go through the roof having to do it all in one go. Quite pleased what I managed to get done before I got fed up!
  • Katiehound
    Ah ha, couldn't resist the purchase of a Christmas/ birthday (2018!!) present! Saw them in Aldi before the festive season- a slate set into a bamboo tray- so ideal for cheese, fruit whatever. Had been £8.99 now £4.99- that will be a good present for my friend where I normally spend Christmas as she does a lot of entertaining. They also had (same price) like a cake stand but 2 bamboo boards with 3 white china dishes (for dips etc) on the bottom board.

Looking at my TCB a/c I see I got money back from my gift Hearst magazine subscription, think it was £4 on a £6 spend!!

Treated myself last week to 3 p/b books from Amazon, accidentally ticked the Prime box! (but have already unsubscribed) so books arrived on Saturday- read all 3 over the w/e!!! (And they look pristine so I could and might give them away.) 2 x weepies (a bit) 'Toby & Sox' the story of an assistance dog and an autistic boy (Dogs for Good) and 'After You' the sequel to 'Me before You.' Third one- 'A year in the Life of a Yorkshire Shepherdess'- I heard an interview with her on R2 last week... 1 husband, 9 children & 1000 sheep. What a personality and a great read. Will now have to buy her first book!

Other than that swam 16 lengths today- 1/4 mile, delivered a thank-you card to the kennels and made 2 doggy duvet covers. Hope to get a few made and delivered by end of week.

yesterday read the meters so switch from EON to Scottish Power should be well on its way.......

and knee? Aching and stiff but that's what I would expect. I hope to get in the gym for a few minutes - perhaps Weds?
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just a quickie from me.

I've ordered one of these handbag hooks as an Xmas present for my mum, as she loves handbags. You use it to hang your handbag on a table. There's some weird magic (aka physics) which means it does actually work even if your bag is heavy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wallets-Bag-Accessories/Apple-Pattern-Folding-Handbag-Hanger-Holder-Silver/B00KVWBS6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486417775&sr=8-1&keywords=Handbag+hook

I thought it would make a nice cheap gift if anyone is interested.
  • Katiehound The slate/bamboo set sounds lovely and very impressive that u are on 2018 already:T. Hope the knee is doing okay.

Chanie I don't have anyone in the family to buy one of those handbag hooks for, but I had to have a look out of curiosity just with ur description.

4 more reduced presents bought, one is def birthday, one def Christmas(only 2017 I'm afraid!) but not sure about the other two yet. Def know who they are for, it's just a question of birthday or Christmas.

That's it from me at the minute, want to do some wrapping tonight but overdue paperwork is calling....alot:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Katiehound
    chanie wrote: »
    Just a quickie from me.

I've ordered one of these handbag hooks as an Xmas present for my mum, as she loves handbags. You use it to hang your handbag on a table.

These things are really handy if you dine out a lot and have a handbag!
    I use one on cruises because otherwise I hang the bag over the back of the chair which isn't most secure, it drops off and then nearly catches the waiter's feet ready to trip him up when laden with plates!!
    The weight of the bag counter balances the hook
    Many thanks

• cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Had a fairly expensive January and February:
    our 19th anniversary on 7th Feb, so treated Hubster to a refurbished iPad for £220 (should have been 400 new). Anniversary meal (with our girls as no babysitter) was another £70.

Daughters' birthdays are in April and July; I've and I've booked parties at £100 each (swim party for eldest and soft play for youngest). Not sure when I'll be invoiced for these, but have put money aside. Just need to budget food (probably pizza, fruit platters, nibbles and cake/buns) for each party.

Cat.x
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Hope everyone ok, just grabbing 5mins for a coffee. 4 go and get the dog, he's gone for haircut and bath.

Just been into card factory - there selling a lot of the candles / candle sets for half price. Added a couple for prezzies.

I must be mad but at mdtngt had the mad urge to clean the freezer.... ended up chucking out few bits - freezer burn and as always the escaping peas and carrots took about hr and half to do. It's a lot tidyed and organised as got few freezer bits coming with shopping.

Send plan is to go throu lists of what got / need / budgets.... although did well in boots sale - got biggie sets for my bday/ Mother's Day/ miss hoodie (treat) took a chunk out.

Onwards and upwards.... next project by Sunday to have 10 things on eBay... few bits f/b sellers.

Jan making later - thinking pear and kiwi then orange marmalade,
    Cooking - veg soup - take down to aunty and uncle - he's got ct scan 2mor take him for that.
    Beef bourgion for me and miss hoodie and Bailey.... xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family