* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Am I organised? Got my panto ticket sorted, 5th Jan 2018, Paladium :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Am I organised? Got my panto ticket sorted, 5th Jan 2018, Paladium :D

Super organised! :D
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Am I organised? Got my panto ticket sorted, 5th Jan 2018, Paladium :D

Wow! That's impressive...
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    GTQ Oh, no, you didn't!!!lol
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh yes she did! Uber organised.
     :
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all.

Things are a bit up and down here at the moment. My grandma who lives down south has been very ill (with Dementia for a few years) and this morning she went peacefully. I have mixed emotions - guilt mainly because I wasn't that close to her, didn't see her very often at all and because I don't seem to feel very sad. Did cry a bit just now though. So my Dad will be going down sometime this week to start sorting things out.

Meant to be starting volunteering at the library next Thursday. Will hopefully get in for that. And then it's my birthday next Saturday. Not sure how that will go.

Hope everyone else is doing well. xx :)
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • Clumsy42 wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

Things are a bit up and down here at the moment. My grandma who lives down south has been very ill (with Dementia for a few years) and this morning she went peacefully. I have mixed emotions - guilt mainly because I wasn't that close to her, didn't see her very often at all and because I don't seem to feel very sad. Did cry a bit just now though. So my Dad will be going down sometime this week to start sorting things out.

Meant to be starting volunteering at the library next Thursday. Will hopefully get in for that. And then it's my birthday next Saturday. Not sure how that will go.

Hope everyone else is doing well. xx :)

Sorry about your grandma. Despite everything, you are still in the initial shock stages, hence the mixed emotions. However, in the next few days you will start to look at things more logically, no matter how close you were or weren't, the lady you knew has not been there for a few years, so in all probability forgot who you were, even if you saw her every day. Think of the good things you can remember & remember her that way, but most importantly, be there for your dad, there is a limit to any single person's strength, but together, strength is a different thing.

The volunteering & your birthday will take your mind off things for a little bit, enjoy them in your own way, do whatever you feel is the right thing and most of all, don't feel guilty at doing what you think is the right thing.

Hugs
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Clumsy Sorry to read of the loss of your Grandma. Thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    CLUMSY, sorry to hear about your Nan. I think GTQ has summed up what I would have said if I had the words. Hope your first session at the library goes well.

GTQ, wow to the early booking and MRSINVISIBLE and VULPIX loving the quick response.

Enjoy your weekend HAPPYKITTIES.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone, (i nearly put morning i am so behind today:D) i had thumper on a sleepover this weekend, omg he is growing so fast and chattering away, i do miss having time with him, i think we are going to make it a regular thing we had such a lovely time DD1 and i with him.

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY we should rename you Getting In There Quickly haha that is super organised

CLUMSY i am so sorry to hear about your grandma, grief comes out in different ways in different people my lovely, it doesnt mean you didnt care because you couldnt cry, sending lots of hugs x

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure