Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting.

@pinkcalculator and shrills, I am sorry that you have had tracking issues. This can happen now and then, but if it is happening regularly it may suggest an issue with PC or browser settings. The claims process can take some time, but it should only have to be used rarely. If a transaction isn't tracking within 7 days, it is best to lodge a claim then.

@shrills, I know that the reviews can look negative here, but having looked at the overall statistics, Debenhams transactions are generally tracking correctly. Can I suggest trying a different browser and making sure to clear cookies before visiting TCB? Have you changed anything or installed any software such as Adblock plus or Microsoft Security essentials around the time the tracking issues started?

@darkelv, can you email [EMAIL="contact@topcashback.co.uk"]contact@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] about this? We can then pass this to the memberships team for you.

Many thanks,
    John
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • It's not a tracking issue its the fact that the insurance through your comparison area won't even show for upto 3 months I don't know if its tracked or not as you have to wait 3 months for it to show it, its not really fair not to even be tracked or showing at all. I wait nearly 9 months for quidco to get the insurance cashbacks by at least its showing on my account. I think its something policy wise that needs to be changed its put me off the next insurance in a few days.
  • shirlls
    shirlls Posts: 95 Forumite
    Yes, Debenhams cashback has tracked.......eventually! The reviews I was talking about were for insurance, every merchant I looked at had terrible reviews, even the big names like Aviva and More Than.

I'd never had trouble with cashback before and I've always used my work computer, so I can't mess with the cookies, browser or security settings.
  • darkvelv
    darkvelv Posts: 477 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting.
    @darkelv, can you email [EMAIL="contact@topcashback.co.uk"]contact@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] about this? We can then pass this to the memberships team for you.

Many thanks,
    John

Thank you, John:A.

He already did contact them and after over a week he got the answer, which I've quoted. He asked the team member for more reasonable explanation, but so far nothing:(
    ...reality is a point of view...
    Hi Pinkcalculator, I see your point here. The Topcashback compare tool can take up to 60 days to track a transaction. This is due to the processes which have to take place, as a slightly different system is used. You should still see a click record on your account here-

www.topcashback.co.uk/account/earnings/clicks

This doesn't necessarily mean that the transaction would track, but at least you have a point of reference and can see that the click-through has been successful.

We do appreciate feedback on issues like this.

@shrills, the majority of More Than and Aviva transactions also track correctly. I would re-iterate that reviews tend to be posted by those who have had a negative experience and sometimes don't give a clear overall picture. We do have problems with some of these transactions, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Is it possible that some settings/software was changed on the PC you are using? We usually find that these issues are related to settings, especially if there are no records of general tracking issues with a merchant. Unfortunately, the only course of action here would be too lodge claims, but using a different web browser may also help if you are able to do this.

@darkvelv, can you get them to email [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]? I will pass this on to the memberships department for you and ask them to update you.

Best wishes,
    John
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • darkvelv
    darkvelv Posts: 477 Forumite
    @darkvelv, can you get them to email [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]? I will pass this on to the memberships department for you and ask them to update you.

Best wishes,
    John

Thanks a lot, John:A! He did write to them again with the above request, fingers crossed it will reach you at some point. :)
    ...reality is a point of view...
  • pretzel
    pretzel Posts: 52 Forumite
    Hi hoping you can help me. I have a missing cashback claim of £50 outstanding since last August... Really disappointed in the service I have received over this. I have sent numerous nudges and don't seem to get a reply.

I feel this is way to long now and I would appreciate an update on this...surely it should be paid by now?

Please advise
    Hi pretzel,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that this isn't resolved yet.

Can you email [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] with your username and I can chase it up?

I will speak to the claims team and see where they are at with it.

The nudge system does direct their attention to this, but the best bet if you haven't had a resolution within 12 weeks or so is get in touch with us by a support ticket, or by posting here.

Best wishes,
    John
  • johnk
    johnk Posts: 432 Forumite
    Hello, John, Can I ask you about the TCB payment in Tesco points? I appreciate that there is a limit of £50.00 for this method - the problem is that many TCB regulars have TCB balance over £50.00. There doesn't seem to be a way to split the payment so that £50 goes to Tesco payment (and rest goest to others). This makes it very difficult to control. Do you have a plan of action on this? (Perhaps if it is not too difficult, TCB could have an option for user to say how much he wants the payment rather than forcing him to withdraw the total in one go). Also in another thread, people were saying that, with the addition 5% on top of £50 as added by TCB, the total is over £50 which results Tesco claiming ALL the points back for breaching the T/C. What's your agreement with Tesco on this? Thanks.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
    Hi johnk, thanks for your questions.

I think that you are referring to the fact that it isn't possible to split a single merchant's payment up into smaller amounts, but it is possible to use the 'advanced payment options' tab (located above the 'pay me' button on the payments screen) to split your payments by merchant.

For example, if you had £20 for one merchant, £15 for another and one for £60, the total of £95 could not be requested as Clubcard Points. If you split the payment using the above function, you could request £35 as Clubcard points (the first two merchants) and the remainder using BACS or another payment option. You will then have another £15 of Clubcard points to request for future earnings.

Apologies if you are already aware of this process but it may be an option some members do not know about.

The 5% bonus for using the Clubcard option does not count towards your £50 threshold. Therefore, if you were to request a payment of £50, you would get £52.50 worth of points.

We are aware that there may have been an issue with points being removed, but this would have been a technical glitch and should not happen again.

Please get back to me if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,
    John
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback