Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• Just recieved a lovely email back fom Boots for Complimenting them on their Natural collection range, asking for my postal address to send me a small gift for being nice!! :)

So complimenting can be as rewarding as complaining (thought i've never had to complain as i'm a wimp lol!)

:D
    Mummy to two beautiful kids!
    Currently doing Access to Higher Education, hoping to go UWE in sept 2013 to do Nursing!
  • I received an email from boots to say they were popping something in the post for me because I complimented their botancis range, which I use anyway. I am so excited!
    I also emailed options asking for samples and they are sending me some too.

I emailed benefit saying their shop assistants where I live are fab but no joy there and I emailed nails inc saying their products are fab but no joy there either. Ah well. Good on Boots!

:T
  • MsBubu
    MsBubu Posts: 519 Forumite
    Wow! Seems like it's worth it to compliment Boots! I like Boots!
    2011 Wins: Issey Miyake perfume (from December), Arcancil Nail Polishes, Revlon Fire and Ice Lipstick and Nail Polish, Beauty Hampers, Radox Shower Gels, Neal's Yard Massage oil & Massage Candle, CDs, makeup kits, tanning mist.
    Eleventh Heaven No.198 - 1.2.:).4.5.:).7.:).9.10.11
  • Ok so I got a no.7 limited edition collections palette. It's a set of four eyeshadows, smoky eyes kinda colours! Lovely!

I also got 3 samples form Tigi, one from Options and Gu are sending something in the post.

Pukka pads are using my compliment on their website in return for a Pukka pad. :-)

Woot woot!
  • Lexxx82
    Lexxx82 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Just recieved a lovely email back fom Boots for Complimenting them on their Natural collection range, asking for my postal address to send me a small gift for being nice!! :)

So complimenting can be as rewarding as complaining (thought i've never had to complain as i'm a wimp lol!)

:D

I took a leaf out of your book and I emailed Boots through their webform to compliment them on an eyeliner of theirs that I used and they sent me a lovely full size eyeshadow quad and eyeliner set. I was really touched, it's lovely. :o

This week I've also received antiperspirant to trial with Valued Opinions, £2 MOC for Richmond Sausages, £5 in my paypal for reviewing on shopping.com, and a lip gloss from a Rimmel comp win. Sadly I also got overdraft charges and a broken car this week -far less useful :(
  • forever.insane
    forever.insane Posts: 653 Forumite
    edited 5 September 2010 at 2:07AM
    Wow, this all sounds pretty cool. Fired off an email to boots asking for any samples for men. Hopefully they'll be kind :)

Got a £20 "gesture of goodwill" from Parcelforce because their guy illegally signed for my parcel. Ordered some Copella Apple Juice from Milkandmore.co.uk with a code which made it free but it didn't arrive. Phoned customer service today and they are delivering 2 bottles on Monday. Result!

£1.60 free from Southern Trains due to my train being delayed (delay repay thing).

Might fire off a few more emails. I do enjoy my Coca Cola, hint hint ;)

Asda did a free sharpies promotion with The Sun newspaper but my store did'nt stock any while the voucher clearly states "any store". I emailed them and they sent an Asda voucher card topped up with £2. I have sent it back, complaining that it doesn't even cover the cost of the free pens (£3.42) and mentioned that a goodwill gesture should be included plus the hassle of going to the shop to be turned down, cost of the newspaper, the paper and ink I printed the letter with, the 2nd class stamp I brought and even more of my time. Also asked for it to be in form of a cheque so I can take my business elsewhere.

Waiting to hear their reply. Hope I don't lose that £2 at least lol. Could of got some biscuits with it :p
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • I'm recently new to this and I saw this post and thought I might as well give it a go.
    I've always wanted to try out some MAC cosmetics but they do not have a counter near me and they sent me an email back saying they're going to give me a few samples :)
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    I'm recently new to this and I saw this post and thought I might as well give it a go.
    I've always wanted to try out some MAC cosmetics but they do not have a counter near me and they sent me an email back saying they're going to give me a few samples :)

Well done - I sent a similar email a year or so ago and was directed to their online shop lol!
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • SDavies
    SDavies Posts: 107 Forumite
    every time im using something now i'm think up compliments :D or complaints!
  • I'm exactly the same. I only started doing it this morning and I have already had voucher confirmations from Andrex and Quorn and I'm recieving some MAC samples. I'm happy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure