Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• 7702018323012_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

For those who are unknowing.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    tweets wrote: »
    Can I join the list :D

And me :D

Good morning all, dry here but rained overnight.

Bubbs, I know quite a few diabetics. They live normal lives, and one of them is, shall we say, large. He lost a lot of weight, almost got off insulin, then put it back on the idiot. I'm assuming it is Type 2, controlled by diet and pills, in which case you will do fine xx

Neither have I :D

Mr AJ is Type 2, was diagnosed afew years ago. In the beginning he stuck to what he was told and did very well. Lost weight by walking loads, cut out all sugary stuff. He has done very well, sugar levels very good now but he has a sweet tooth and loves cake.

Get levels down bubbs but don't go buying Diabetic Foods, waste of money. You can still bake and eat cake but in moderation, good luck :):)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Good windy morning Elite :hello:

I've hardly slept a wink last night, the rain lashing against the windows and howling wind :eek: All is calm here now:D

mhoc. Sorry to hear about your sister, I wish her well on her journey. We're here as a family to offer support at any time xx

Snap. How are you feeling this morning? I'm getting twinges in my right big toe joint, the one that suffers gout attacks. Not been a problem for ages :o

I'm not dressed yet and as I'm not going out today, did too much this week, I might not get dressed at all :cool:

Wendyak. You and hubster are in my thoughts daily, I hope you are able to ride this one out, it's a rough ride but I'm here for you, any time xx

Hugs and caring thoughts to the Elite poorlies and those low in spirit xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    2ronwhv.jpg
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning from wet Wales.
    99p wrote: »
    It's 3am and everyone's sleeping, so I can probably say this and no one will notice, ive got a confession to make, I've not got any sharpies, I'm not even sure what ones to get. There I've said it!
    tweets wrote: »
    Can I join the list :D

Think the list is getting bigger, can i join.
  • hey bubbs I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 a couple of years ago last year I was put on metformin and I lost a lot of weight(thru sickness) and my blood tests showed last week I am no longer diabetic although they are going to wean me off metformin slowly just in case it is only the metformin that is forcing it down - I was gutted when I was diagnosed but just little adjustments to my diet now and I feel so much better and don't feel the need to drink gallons anymore good luck on your journey hun and don't waste time worrying cos it won't change any outcome xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Bought the Guiness on CS, having issues on selecting retailer on drop down menu, anyone else having this issue?
    has anyone been paid for the guiness yet
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    zippydooda wrote: »
    has anyone been paid for the guiness yet

Had live chat with them about issues, advised me to email image of receipt, still nothing showing.
  • zippydooda
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Had live chat with them about issues, advised me to email image of receipt, still nothing showing.

putting a claim in now, how much was it for please. i know its for more than i paid.
  • zippydooda
    aau1 wrote: »
    Free bottle of guiness on cs (£1.83 cb to be exact but it's only £1.50 in T and W so a profit to be made)

found the amount. ref above
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport