PerfectGlasses.co.uk

Options
A warning to anyone who believes the claims on their website and that it is a cost effective solution should avoid them at all costs. The website is a front for an Asian outfit who are outwith the reach of Trading Standards and our consumer protection laws.

Their address - 27 Old Gloucester Street, London is that of their mail-forwarding service (https://www.britishmonomarks.co.uk) and any implied 'savings' should be taken with a pinch of salt as the frames are substandard and not for optical-use. The so-called designer frames are cheap copies and if you pay them any money, a refund will never be forthcoming.

In my case, my £50 frames were not made from quality acrylic, but from moulded polycarbonate. My local optical lab suggested the real retail price was closer to £1.50 - for TEN! Further the hinges were not metal either but the same polycarbonate moulding. The longest the frames lasted were 24 days before splitting.

PerfectGlasses simply stated they are not required to do anything under their 'terms and conditions'. The firm appears to be located in India, but they do a good job of hiding their address via their courier service.

Avoid, avoid, AVOID!

Comments

• Dear Buzby,

Thank you for your post. We would like to solve any problem that you may have had with your spectacles. To begin with, I would like to apologize for any trouble caused. At the same time, I would like to assure you that we Do Not Sell copies of designers. We take pride in the fact that we only sell ORIGNAL DESIGNER BRANDS and we have authorization and Invoices from brand distributors of every product available on our website. Mr. Buzby, I understand that you may be unhappy about a particular order, however I request you to kindly give me your order number as I cannot see any order placed by this name on our website.
    Once you give your order details or send an email to customerservice@perfectglasses.co.uk, I am sure we will be more than happy to ensure that you are delighted with our product and service.

Thanks
    Team Perfectglasses.co.uk
  • Eydon
    Eydon Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr. Buzby...I cannot see any order placed by this name on our website.
    :rotfl:

Oh dear.

Plus, you also need MSE permission to post on behalf of a company.
  • George_Michael
    Options
    however I request you to kindly give me your order number as I cannot see any order placed by this name on our website.

That's a bit of a coincidence. I couldn't find a Mr or Mrs Perfectglasses.co.uk listed in any phone directory either.
  • BelindaArch
    Options
    Just as a matter of interest - where is their premises in the UK. Or don't they have one?
    When the customer comes first, the customer will last
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Just as a matter of interest - where is their premises in the UK. Or don't they have one?

Have you read the op?:D
    They are in India
  • maninthestreet
    Options

Why re-animate a thread from almost 20 months ago??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport