Timeshare Reclaiming

Hi,
I was hoping someone might be able to help me here, I have already been scammed into buying a timeshare and 8 years on I dont fancy being stung again with this.

I have been in touch with a company called '' timeshare advice centre.co.uk''
they have said that i could get all my money back for my mis-sold timeshare.
However, I would have to go and see one of their consultants with all paperwork who will confirm if there is a claim as this will need to go to court in order to claim back any monies.

Now the closest consultant to me is a good 2hour drive one way, and I have aske if i could email/ post paperwork for the consultant to look at. They replied with no, we only take on clients who come and visit us. I think this is odd to start with.

I asked if it was a no win no claim if it does go to court so i would not be stung for any court fees incase there is no claim, they replied with, no this is not a no win no claim but once the consultant looks at your paperwork he will tell you if you have a claim and how much you will get back as he will only take on claims then will definitely win in court otherwise he will not take on your case. nThen after successful completion a 15% fee on the total claim will be charged ( which i was ok with) just the court thing im not keen about.

This is all good and fair but what happens if he gives us his word that yes there is a claim and this is how much you will get back and then go to court and actually lose then hit with even more charges. should i be taking his word for it or not?

has anyone got any theories what i should do here?
Thank you, Bee xx

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why do you think your timeshare was mis-sold to you?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Hi,
    We were initially drawn in by a competition and surprise we won a 4* all inclusive holiday. Which never appeared.
    Led to an office to sit through a presentation. Yes it all seemed good, as we were sold a holiday club not a timeshare.
    We were told that the 2star hotel would act as a base and whenever you wanted to use the club you could use any of the 4 & 5star hotels on the island and those within the group. We were taken to a 4star for breakfast and told this was the luxury you can expect in all your future holidays as you will be guaranteed hotels just like this and nothing less.
    As we did not want the 2star hotel and wanted to pull out but they convinced us that we would never have to use it we would only stay and dine in luxury 4 and 5 star properties as part of this club.
    When we went through the paper work we had to go through the finance and we did not want to pay the high monthly bill and we're told that after 30 days to ring this number and they would agree to change the monthly payments to an affordable one. ( we didn't realise it was another credit check and another completely different finance company who were not aware of the club) so the finance did not go through even though we were promised. So the high monthly payments we had to default on and we ended up in debt.
    When we tried to contact the club, we found out that the whole sales team had been sacked and no longer work for them and all of a sudden the club don't exist and they are all now timeshares.

Now we are left with a Timeshare that was not as described and the property is in the middle of no where and not to standard and no one is willing to help. They just keep chasing us for more monthly admin and maintenance fees every year. Which is mounting up.

I just don't know what to do and left with a £8000 bill
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have you lived in a cave all your life? Did you know nothing about Timeshare or Holiday points?: Had you ever heard about timeshare or holiday points being a total scam? or perhaps you thought you knew better...............perhaps you were being greedy as you were told your timeshare/holiday points would double or treble in value and you would make a massive profit in a couple of years............I can get you out of this timeshare scam,just send me a bankers draft for £2850.00 and i promise i will return your full £8000.00 when i sell your timeshare.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    bee_83 wrote: »
    I have already been scammed into buying a timeshare and 8 years on I dont fancy being stung again with this.
    You've been bitten once, why are you even considering being bitten again?

The only realistic way to extricate yourself from the situation is to sell your timeshare at a massive loss.

Yes, you were scammed.
  • lincroft1710
    bee_83, if your timeshare owners are based abroad, and presuming you did win your case, just how easy do you think it would be to get your money from this company
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • So what did you do? i have been approached by the same company.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    wsneddon wrote: »
    So what did you do? i have been approached by the same company.
    Bee_83 last logged in during March 2017 and never returned to update the thread. Hopefully, he didn't engage the "services" of this company.
  • lincroft1710
    wsneddon wrote: »
    So what did you do? i have been approached by the same company.

After reading the thread, I'm sure you'll tell the company "no thank you".
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After reading the thread, I'm sure you'll tell the company "no thank you".
    Or words to that effect :)
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Erm bit late there Andrew Mckie... also you’re not allowed to promote your so called ‘service’ on this site!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure