Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sorted78
    • By sorted78 2nd Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sorted78
    Custody of children through court
    • 2nd Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    Custody of children through court 2nd Dec 17 at 4:10 PM
    My ex has now decided to stop me from seeing my kids, as i said i cant afford to have them twice this month due to xmas and his birthday coming up, she pretty much said obvouisly your not bothered about them. I am but i needed to get them birthday and xmas presents too. So not only has she stop me seeing them, cut me off from ringing them too. I been looking into a court order which seems a good option for me. My only concern says you need mediation first before consider it, 2 problems we dont really get on she lives other side of country. We had mediation before when social workers were involved,, it lasted about 2 weeks, then she went back to her old ways. is there anyway of skipping the mediation part?
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 4th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,315 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    If the mediator feels mediation is not possible, they can stamp the form to say so and go straight to court.

- I don't think birthday and xmas presents are a good enough reason not to have them over though. It's not like you didn't know either was coming up.
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 4th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 11,063 Posts
    • 6,280 Thanks
    DUTR
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    If the mediator feels mediation is not possible, they can stamp the form to say so and go straight to court.

- I don't think birthday and xmas presents are a good enough reason not to have them over though. It's not like you didn't know either was coming up.
    Originally posted by Comms69
    Sounds like you are not a payer! If so you would know one cannot just magic the money.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 5th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 5,589 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    I found a very useful guide on Advice now recently fo parents' going through this and similar processes.
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 7th Dec 17, 11:59 AM
    • 1,315 Posts
    • 1,072 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:59 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:59 AM
    Sounds like you are not a payer! If so you would know one cannot just magic the money.
    Originally posted by DUTR
    I am.

Christmas and birthdays come round once a year. You don't need to 'magic' money up if you put aside a bit each month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

2,101Users online

Martin's Twitter