Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 June 2017 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Hi,

Another load out and drying. I have had an expensive 24 hours and have spent over £150 between food shopping and birthday presents:eek:. From now on I am going to cash out money for food and general spending as it's too easy to just put things on the card. I think I will panic more if I see I only have £50 physically in my purse left for the month. I will now have to have another quick look at the finances as really don't want to have to use the savings to top up the monthly budget. But I do need to buy my daughter's main present still and my husband was due extra hours next week which would have been over £100 but they don't need him anymore. I had included this money in our income.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

Another sunny day here today which means more washing will be done! It was a friend's birthday yesterday so we went out for dinner and I treated her as that was her present from me.

Hubby got extra hours last night which was good and all helps. He is also doing a few hours tonight so that will help too.

I started my diary around this time last year and it's strange as I have been feeling really stressed about money lately and was wondering why at this time of the year it starts to affect me more. I came to the conclusion that I think it's because I know holidays are coming soon and then Christmas ( I know it's ages away but I start to stress about it now) I spend a lot of money at Christmas and that's what is stresssing me out. I know how much I need for it. I've tried to save but realistically we can't afford to save monthly for it as our outgoings are already more than our income.

I'm hoping for a chilled out weekend , ds has swimming this morning and we have a fam lunch today but that's it.

Jobs for today :

Post items
    Take ds swimming
    Washing
    Look at finances again
    Meal plan

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a lovely sunny weekend.

The weather has been amazing and three loads this weekend have been washed and dried.

On the money front we have spent some money on meat for a few BBQs. As I mentioned in my previous posts I was feeling very stressed about money but have decided to use the savings to top up our salary as we were very short and things crop up. My daughter now needs new shoes, presents etc. Using this money means I don't have as much in savings for Xmas presents but am hoping my husband's overtime will continue and that my business picks up in September. The fact is there is no point in having savings and then be struggling to buy food. Tomorrow or Tuesday I will cash my food money and spending cash out to monitor my spends. Any spare cash will go in a pot for Xmas presents. I'm hoping I've made the right decision.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

It's due to be another hot day so at least another load will be done.

After reading other diaries on here , I've decided I need to check my account and log how much I spent last month on food as it feels like a lot.

Jobs to do:

Put wash on
    Hoover
    Sort paddling pool out
    Weekly jobs
    Look at finances ... inclu looking at food spends
    Wrap present and write cards
    Chase dd blood results again

Think that's it for now. I'd like to also spend as minimal as possible.

Have a lovely day.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

Another warm day and another load drying outside.

I had another nsd yesterday ( think it's only my 4th this month). Hubby has been paid so have paid all minimums and transferred money for food to cash out. I worked out how much we spent in a month on food/toiletries/eating out etc and am mortified :mad: I actually can't believe it, it's made me def realise that cashing the money out is def the way forward as that way I can monitor exactly what I'm spending! We only have £50 per week for food for a family of 5, so it will be tight as this needs to include everything. I am going to only bring with me the £50 when I go to the shops so I can't be tempted to use some of next week's money!

Have a good day everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I cashed out my money yesterday for all my pots to budget, it will be very tight but one can try.

I have been offered a few hours of work today which is good.

All minimums paid yesterday so not much else to report.

Have a lovely day everyone.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Morning,

I cashed out my money yesterday for all my pots to budget, it will be very tight but one can try.

I have been offered a few hours of work today which is good.

All minimums paid yesterday so not much else to report.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Have a lovely day too. You are doing great!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Have a lovely day too. You are doing great!

Thanks very much, it sometimes doesn't feel like I am due to the level of debt we have:(
  • debtaghh
    edited 23 June 2017 at 6:48AM
    Options
    Morning,

I had a very busy day yesterday from first thing so didn't have time to post. I spent £6 for a charity event and ordered some new stock. I managed to strip the beds and dry them outside. I am hoping to do a load now and hang it up as we are then on a day trip, we have passes for the trip so am hoping it will be a nsd as we will bring lunch and a flask with us. Bank accounts are looking very low already but that is because I cashed out all the money to allocate to pots. What I have noticed already about cashing the money out is how quick the money goes!I now only have £40 p/w for food and £30 for general spending. This will be tight but will be very pleased if I achieve this. My husband has managed to get extra hours for this Sunday which is good.

I worked out how much money I need this year for Christmas, birthdays, holiday spending and dd school trip spending money and it came out as £1700:eek:. This does worry me as we only have about £520. Not sure where we are going to find nearly £1200 but there is nothing I can do about it apart from try and stick to a tight budget and hope my husband gets overtime and that I make more sales. I will only be able to afford the minimums on the cc unless we get a lot of extra money coming in. They are all on good deal apart from one is ending now and we can't get another deal. This is 10.2% and I still have left on it £1775:cool:

Anyway sorry for rambling, hope everyone has a lovely day.

P.s: Nearly forgot another thing I did on wed eve was claim £150 back from BT with their deal that I did. I should hopefully be getting a £50 chq from them and a £100 preloaded mastercard which can go towards presents.
  • reality_check
    Options
    Good luck with it, kids are so expensive!! Hopefully your husband can get some overtime to help with the short fall. That's a great cashback offer with BT! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport