please advise !!

I am not sure whether this is the right place.
I am a locum doctor, set up my own limited company. The company ceased off trading few months ago. I have sent the strike off application to companies house. Later received a letter from them to say that the company will remain on the register for 3 months and if no trading happens, it will be striken off automatically. Yesterday received another letter to say that its been striken off the register. Today I got a letter from HSBC to say that as the company has been taken off the register, any money left in the company's account will be sent to the treasury. I left about 2300 pounds in the account, just because i thought if any problems arise within the 3 months mentioned by companies house, i can pay from the account (purely out of my ignorance).
I have spoken to my accountant who said he himself hasnt come across such a situation before. He said may be i can write to the treasury explaining the situation and asking for the money to be paid back.
Can somebody advise me what to do please?
I have paid the corporation tax, VAT etc within the time limits and never had any problem.
Will I lose the money or will the treasury pay it back.
not sure !!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family