Cheap HPI Check for Cars

angelnas
angelnas Posts: 171 Forumite
Hi Everyone

Is there any HPI check websites that are either free or cheap. I am wanting to buy a used car and looking at a few cars, so checking them all would be quite expensive, even though some state that it is HPI clear you can never really be sure. I have found one site thats seems reasonable https://www.autocheck.co.uk/ for single or multiple checks and you have 2 months in which to check further vehicles after payment for multiples. Wondering if there are any others that members may have come across or any trade person willing to check for a fee for multiple transactions.

Many thanks

Comments

• balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That looks like an excellent one. Up until now I have been using the RAC website which is £24.99 but this one wins hands down!!
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    https://www.mycarcheck.com/
    Car check, car data check, vehicle check, car history check, vehicle history : My Car Check

There is no insurance if the info is wrong though!!
  • balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    boatman wrote:
    https://www.mycarcheck.com/
    Car check, car data check, vehicle check, car history check, vehicle history : My Car Check

There is no insurance if the info is wrong though!!

But it doesnt tell you if the car is on finance which in my opinion is the most important check as I wouldnt want to be left to pay what the previous owner didnt!!
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • pingu
    pingu Posts: 1,467
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    at work someone mentioned few weeks back that there is a text service

and it cost £1.50 and they check hpi and text you back

it was advertised on a car program on telly

i will get the number and post it tomorrow:D
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • angelnas
    angelnas Posts: 171 Forumite
    pingu wrote:
    at work someone mentioned few weeks back that there is a text service

and it cost £1.50 and they check hpi and text you back

it was advertised on a car program on telly

i will get the number and post it tomorrow:D

Any joy with this or anyone esle heard of it
  • pianeet
    pianeet Posts: 518 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2013 at 10:28AM
    there is a company called textcheck that costs £3 a time,you have to buy a card and scratch off number first then text them the details, contact number is [phone number removed - incorrect],this was in auto-express last week so have never used them myself.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Don't believe everything you see though!!..See my thread 'Hpi, waste of money, what's the point' (sorry, don't know how to do link!!), on this forum

LMTx
    Buy nothing for a month challenge - Oct
    12/31 NSD

CC - [STRIKE]£536.02[/STRIKE] £336.02
  • Nick_sub
    Nick_sub Posts: 89 Forumite
    If you go to http://www.cardatachecks.com/ you can get exactly the same check as at autocheck.co.uk but it's only £15. Infact it redirects you to the autocheck.co.uk website and tells use to use discount code 'cdc'! I'm going to try it tomorrow.
  • The thing with Car Data Checks is that the whole point is to save money for you in the long run. In other words rather look for the most comprehensive deals at the best prices. Sure, you can save a couple of pounds by using the cheapest checks, BUT that might end up costing you much more, because they're not as reliable. Here's my point - https://www.mycarcheck.com IS cheaper, but that's because they DON'T supply the valuable "oustanding finance" information.

So how does one decide which one to use??? Well, there's a site: www.AutoReflect.com
    :jThese guys are great - they compare all the available data checks, and you get do decide which you think is best for your budget. Personally I'd rather spend a little more now, and save allot in the long term!
  • Don't believe everything you see though!!..See my thread 'Hpi, waste of money, what's the point' (sorry, don't know how to do link!!), on this forum

LMTx

Definitely with regards mileage verification. Sold my car last year and HPI wrote to me as the previous owner to verify mileage and service history, any accidents, had it been "clocked" while in my ownership etc., by completeing a form. Fortunately did submit genuine details but could have told them anything!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback