Access to Work contact

I am trying to find a simple email address for ATW and have been trying for over 2 weeks !!!
To start with – I found [EMAIL="contact-us@dwp.gsi.gov.uk"]contact-us@dwp.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL] – who I eventually received a response from – with a request for my home address – which I gave them – with NO response to that in a week !
I then tried 'atwosu.cardiff@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk' because I live in the South West and received an automated response telling me to contact [EMAIL="JCPATWOSU.LONDON@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK"]JCPATWOSU.LONDON@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK[/EMAIL] - This email bounces !!
What is the best way to contact ATW ?
Bear in mind that, apart from DLA – I am not claiming any benefits - so would not expect to contact ATW via the Job Centre…
Please don't suggest that I phone them - My speech is virtually non-existent.

Comments

• NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Here https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/how-to-claim suggests

Contact Access to Work
    When you contact Access to Work you may need:

your National Insurance number
    your workplace address, including your postcode
    the name, email address and work phone number of a workplace contact (eg your manager)
    your unique tax reference number (if you’re self-employed)
    the name of your New Enterprise Allowance mentor (if you have one)
    Access to Work
    Email: atwosu.london@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk
    Telephone: 0345 268 8489
    Textphone: 0345 608 8753

Operational Support Unit
    Harrow Jobcentre Plus
    Mail Handling Site A
    Wolverhampton
    WV98 1JE

A faf but might be worth a try?
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NewShadow wrote: »
    Here https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/how-to-claim suggests

Contact Access to Work
    When you contact Access to Work you may need:

your National Insurance number
    your workplace address, including your postcode
    the name, email address and work phone number of a workplace contact (eg your manager)
    your unique tax reference number (if you’re self-employed)
    the name of your New Enterprise Allowance mentor (if you have one)
    Access to Work
    Email: [EMAIL="atwosu.london@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk"]atwosu.london@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
    Telephone: 0345 268 8489
    Textphone: 0345 608 8753

Operational Support Unit
    Harrow Jobcentre Plus
    Mail Handling Site A
    Wolverhampton
    WV98 1JE

A faf but might be worth a try?

Thanks - that must break every privacy / security law going - I am NOT going to provide sort of info on a non-secure email - I did tried that email first and received back a reply - informing me that I would receive a proper reply within 3 days - but 2 weeks later, I am still waiting

I tried the head honcho (Wes Jones) who responded instantly - extremely apologetic but no reason why the previous emails were ignored - and no reason why the previously working email address bounced...
    He has arranged0 for an advisor to contact me this afternoon - so I will provide feedback after then...
  • 50Twuncle wrote: »
    Thanks - that must break every privacy / security law going - I am NOT going to provide sort of info on a non-secure email - I did tried that email first and received back a reply - informing me that I would receive a proper reply within 3 days - but 2 weeks later, I am still waiting

I tried the head honcho (Wes Jones) who responded instantly - extremely apologetic but no reason why the previous emails were ignored - and no reason why the previously working email address bounced...
    He has arranged0 for an advisor to contact me this afternoon - so I will provide feedback after then...

If you're not happy giving hem that info over email, then give them a ring. The first conversation usually is about 10 minutes. They take your details, medical problems, where you're working etc... Then about 10 days later your caseworker will contact you and the call lasts about 30 minutes. Once they have what they need, they'll then send out an assessor.

I only gave my name, address, telephone number, medical problems and medication and my NI number. Not much in there that's likely to.cause problems, but thy do need to speak to you directly. Your claim can't be done over email unless there is some septic medical reason.
    Everything I know, I've learned from Judge Judy. :p

"I have no life, that's why i'm interfering in yours." :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family