PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2012 at 2:20AM
    fuddle wrote: »
    I suppose if a person can volunteer then they can work in a similar role/similar hours and come off benefits. Still, it's not for a doctor to suggest anything to do with keeping within the rules of claiming benefits. Doctors should be advising you on what is correct for you. If its a health reason why you can't volunteer then fair enough, but to advise you not to volunteer so you can keep claiming benefits without a hitch is a bit... Eeek in my opinion.

This is where things can be misinterpreted sometimes the way I write things up, he never did what you suggest, it was very much a case of as I have highlighted from your post. I can def say it was not as you have picked up on this...I don't think that I said that and if that impression was given I apologise, I know how easily I get fatiigued. I simply could not do it. So it is not an option for me...

Remember if voluntary you can call in sick or go home if unwell and you may not have a set amount of time or tasks to complete, many conditions can vary daily but if an employer takes you on you are expected to fulfil an agreed plan and I doubt many would accept an employee who is unrelaible.

It is often not black and white and often lots of variables that compicate matters...things can be misunderstood on forums like this...and especially if it is something a person has not experienced on a personal level.

Recently, there have been cases where terminally ill people have been told they are fit and have passed away soon after.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Popperwell wrote: »
    I saw my Dr and he put my mind at rest over the loss of Mum and thinks I am doing OK so does not want me on AD's...he thinks I should stay put and would gain nothing by moving even if it was a smaller property because they are few and I am near to everywhere(saving in bus and taxi fares to get around)he advised against doing voluntary work as it os a minefield and the help I get could seriously be affected. He has seen too much of what happens.

Apologies if I misunderstood. I interpreted it as I read it.
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2012 at 1:04AM
    Does anyone else get ridiculously pleased when someone on Pinterest re-pins a pin that you have pinned?? :D:o And how do they know so fast if they are not following me? :cool:

Also, how do you get more followers, I only have 5 , although that's better than nothing and quality rather than just quantity! :p;)

Blinking nippy here lthough, cuddling my hot water bottle.
  • Popperwell
    My fault Fuddle, he was looking at it purely on medical grounds but as I have written it, I can see where the confusion comes in, I should have inserted this was on health criteria but most agree it is a minefield when you have an ongoing condition.

With my condition tiredness/fatigue will always be an issue, it won't improve, more likely to worsen...I could end up with kidney failure, dialysis or the need of transplant. I have to be careful I don't cause further damage and my immune system is faulty. My medication is very strong and that may have to be changed at a future date.

What I have is very, very rare.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • fuddle
    your edit button happy tonight, you've edited that last post 4 or 5 times, each time finding something else to back up your argument, an argument that you know fine well what you wrote and what you ment by it. If in doubt state that I don't know a thing about it and end with people have died. I'm done. Goodnight.

Byatt you pin some cool stuff, you'll have more followers before you know it. ;)
  • Popperwell
    Byatt wrote: »
    Does anyone else get ridiculously pleased when someone on Pinterest re-pins a pin that you have pinned?? :D:o And how do they know so fast if they are not following me? :cool:

Also, how do you get more followers, I only have 5 , although that's better than nothing and quality rather than just quantity! :p;)

Blinking nippy here lthough, cuddling my hot water bottle.

I'm still trying to understand that site Byatt but I do like it...

I love my HWB...I hope you are feeling not too cold and are cosy.

If you could give information to more of us here I am sure we would happily follow you.

• Popperwell
    edited 6 November 2012 at 2:01AM
    fuddle wrote: »
    your edit button happy tonight, you've edited that last post 4 or 5 times, each time finding something else to back up your argument, an argument that you know fine well what you wrote and what you ment by it. If in doubt state that I don't know a thing about it and end with people have died. I'm done. Goodnight.

Byatt you pin some cool stuff, you'll have more followers before you know it. ;)

My PC accidentally posted before I had finished and I only altered the last sentence and I was writing as you were posting so we cross posted...I was not deliberately changing things...what I should've added was "ETA" so sorry that you feel that way...I admitted it was my fault the way I wrote it originally. I dislike writing via a laptop as often it is too sensitive or does something I don't expect it to.

If I had wanted to do something underhand I would have corrected the post or deleted it which I have not done...I did not explain myself very well even regarding another point but have left it as written...sorry. I have added my reason for the edit...

• fuddle
    This is where things can be misinterpreted sometimes the way I write things up, he never did what you suggest, it was very much a case of as I have highlighted from your post. I can def say it was not as you have picked up on this...I don't think that I said that and if that impression was given I apologise, I know how easily I get fatiigued. I simply good not do it. So it is not an option for me...

Remember if voluntary you can call in sick or go home if unwell and you may not have a set amount of time or tasks to complete, many conditions can vary daily but if an employer takes you on you are expected to fulfil an agreed plan and I doubt many would accept an employee who is unrelaible.

It is often not black and white and often lots of variables that compicate matters...things can be misunderstood on forums like this...and especially if it is something a person has not experienced on a personal level.

Recently, there have been cases where terminally ill people have been told they are fit and have passed away soon after.
    “Peace begins with a smile” - Mother Teresa

“You can't buy happiness” - Kurt Cobain

"You can either walk with your head down or your head up!" - Eric Sykes
    Last edited by Popperwell; Today at 12:17 AM. Reason: Just to add the last sentence, my laptop posted my text before I had completed it. It is too sensitive sometimes...

I am actually really livid by this. Don't you treat me for a fool. I was on this thread watching go out live.

In the space of 20 minutes you went back time and time again and added things. You did not just add the last sentence. How dare you question my integrity, how dare you suggest I am a liar.

I will not fall out online over people's opinions, over people's attitudes, their beliefs or their out look in life or even their behaviour... heck life is too short - but I will fall out over people telling bare face lies about what I have said. You ought to be very, very ashamed of yourself tonight.
  • fuddle
    you've altered the last post. This is ridiculous. You're trying to make me look really stupid here.
  • Popperwell
    Fuddle I don't think that you look stupid and I am not questioning your integrity and I have admitted that I was wrong and it was how I wrote things...I cannot see anything wrong in what you said...please don't fall out with me...

All I have done is added a reason for the edit...hand on heart...I did not think this was going to happen, it is not my nature. I have apoligised and all I can do if you feel you have been wronged is ask for your foregiveness. If you are unable to, I can do no more...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure