Cheapest Way to Send Parcel to Germany

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a cheap way other than the post office to send a parcel to Germany? I tried the post office but the price they have quoted is £34.00!! The parcel weighs 6kg (13lbs).

Thanks.

Comments

• rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Royal Mails the cheapest and for 6kg
    I would say thats a bargain price.
    Cheapest on the websites £61
    it costs £10.88 for 2kg
    perhaps you could split it up into seperate
    parcels.
    :j:j:j
  • rasmus
    rasmus Posts: 96 Forumite
    Definately split it into two parcels, i had two sent to me in corfu that cost 8 pounds each but as one parcel it was going to be 27 pounds!
    :xmastree: Comping since: june 2007:xmastree:
    not won a thing!!
    :wall: :wall: :wall:
  • Great news. I have found a parcel company who charges £18.00 +vat to send my parcel to Germany and they come and collect it from you!! Oh, happy days!!!!
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great news. I have found a parcel company who charges £18.00 +vat to send my parcel to Germany and they come and collect it from you!! Oh, happy days!!!!

Could you please tell me who the company is because I have a big parcel to go to Holland, not totally wrapped and packed yet, so don't know the weight yet, was thinking of splitting it all up in parcels upto 2 kg. but if this company will collect as well, brilliant. many thanks in advance
  • ashli_2
    ashli_2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    try Payperdrop on Ebay, I have never used them for overseas but their uk service is brilliant value. I've never had any problems with them either.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COURIER-PARCEL-DELIVERY-SERVICE-FROM-4-99-NETHERLANDS_W0QQitemZ140168471214QQihZ004QQcategoryZ156148QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Total Original Debt: £30404.24
    Current debt: £18586.16
    Total Paid: £11857.74 38.95% :T
  • Posted by mumoftwo
    Could you please tell me who the company is because I have a big parcel to go to Holland, not totally wrapped and packed yet, so don't know the weight yet, was thinking of splitting it all up in parcels upto 2 kg. but if this company will collect as well, brilliant. many thanks in advance

No problem. Their website is www.interparcel.com. You just key in the dimensions of your parcel as well as the weight and the website tells you immediately how much it will cost. You can also track your parcel as well.
  • Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a cheap way other than the post office to send a parcel to Germany? I tried the post office but the price they have quoted is £34.00!! The parcel weighs 6kg (13lbs).

Thanks.

Cheapest way to send 6kg to Germany is TNT Post through Parcel2Go @ £13.49.

Find all the cheapest parcels at comparcel.com - the impartial parcel comparison portal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure