Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you disputing the charge then
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    I was told once by a MFI store manager that they would waive the delivery charges for people who complain. They had to do this because it was illegal to charge delivery if you don't give the customer the choice of collecting the goods they bought.

I doubt this is true but you never know, someone might want to do some research.
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Martina wrote: »
    A customer has every right to complain. What sort of country would it be if we are not allowed to complain. Companies wouidl get away with whatever they wanted. It isn't about the customer getting their own way. It is making companies aware how their policies affects their customers. I don't think people complain enough!:(

Are you a customer yet if you have not purchased it?
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I was told once by a MFI store manager that they would waive the delivery charges for people who complain. They had to do this because it was illegal to charge delivery if you don't give the customer the choice of collecting the goods they bought.

I doubt this is true but you never know, someone might want to do some research.

Cough Bull cough. How would all the mail order companies in this country survive if that was the case.

Martina wrote: »
    A customer has every right to complain. What sort of country would it be if we are not allowed to complain. Companies wouidl get away with whatever they wanted. It isn't about the customer getting their own way. It is making companies aware how their policies affects their customers. I don't think people complain enough!:(

Welcome to capitalism its a free market if you don't like someone prices/charges you vote with your feet and go else where. As long as there actions are not illegal which in this case there not there's naff all you can do and complaining wont change anything.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I was told once by a MFI store manager that they would waive the delivery charges for people who complain.
    Remind me... what happened to MFI? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport