Help with NDR ( debt recovery)

Comments

• Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a brilliant letter Fermi - really gets the point across.
    Heather
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Lilly_May_2
    Lilly_May_2 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Yes it certainly is a good letter, I might use it, if I may? in my dispute wth Littlewoods, it took them many months (about 9/10) to send my statements and a few letters on their part saying ' sorry, its taking so long, we will be in touch soon' in the end I was told to get lost, all for just over £300 all charges!! today I received a letter from Frederickson International Ltd, saying pay up in 7 days or we will take you to court!!! so a copy of the above letter might be a good idea? The cheek of Littlewoods selling my debt and taking me to court,!!!!! after nearly a year of having to wait for them to get there act together......also a letter to the F.O might be a good idea to don't you think ??..Lilly;)
  • lewis2758
    lewis2758 Posts: 11 Forumite
    thank you for the great letter fermy , i will get it typed up and sent first thing monday , se what they have to say then.
  • lewis2758
    hi guys, just a quick update, after sending Fremi's letter (which was excellent) i have yet to hear a single peep from them and all the calls have stoped and letter so fingers crossed they got the msg.
  • lewis2758
    hello guys, does anyone know where to report Littlewoods and the collection agencies , they are still showing up at my door when after 6 months , they still have not found my signed credit agreement and im getting tired of it now, can anyone let me know where to report them, many thanks, lewis
  • Hi there,

I am in a similar situation with littlewoods, originally I had an account which fell into arrears so they suggested I closed the account and set up a new one which was supposed to save me getting bad credit from the original debt and show it as satisfied etc (I had not come across this before)This i did so that I could start from fresh so I signed a form and sent it back but they were a nightmare, I called twice to see when the first payment was due and they told me August so I took this into account with my money but then they started writing saying it should have been paid in July and i've been playing catch up ever since (not very well I admit) They have now passed it on to NDR and they are asking the full amount including an additional £400 from the original debt I had ????

My question is, do you think it is worth me sending one of your letters above, or have I screwed myself by signing for it ?? and also why can they charge me an additional £400 for closing one account and re-opening it ..

If the letter can be used and sent and they cant supply me with the information you are requesting then does the account run into default in the mean time, I am most worried about my credit rating as I need to apply for a re-mortgage soon.

Would appreciate any advice

Many thanks

Vicky
  • Hi, sorry if this is not relevant but I kept this thread as a favourite a while ago as I seem to recall it was about not having to repay a debt with NDR over a catalogue bill. I do not have a signed credit agreement, i sent the letter asking for one and they said they cannot currently find it, lol. So in fact there isn't one. Can you possibly tell me what I need to do next if this is something that was relevant to the link I saved that you posted.
    Thank you.
  • Hi, bumping this as I am having similar probs with NDR. I don't want to try and get out of paying the debt as I had the goods, but I do need them to accept my proposed payment offer, based on the fact that my husband is now disabled and I am his full time carer, hence much lower income. I am writing to their Head Office today, but they seem to think that as they are not really a debt collection agency, just a littlewoods dept, that they do not need to comply with the law on debt issues- the customer servicec rep did in fact state this, no idea if it's true.
    Anyway, advice welcome!
  • hi...im currently having trouble with additions who is part of littlewoods...im having the same problem as the orginal OP ive got ntr on my back and they are now calling my place of work! i didnt sign anything at the start of my contract and ive yet to have signed for anything...any advice would be greatly appreciated!:D
    ebay 2010 challenge -:j very impressed with myself
    Total - £1428.56
  • bump!!

anyone?? please help :(
    ebay 2010 challenge -:j very impressed with myself
    Total - £1428.56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income