COSTCO your best buys

Comments

• Mardrew
    Mardrew Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mrs Scrooge

Did you know that their Highland Spring Still Water (20x750ml) is on bogof this week (ends today). Sorry I can't remember the cost.

Fit_Like

The Oxi Vanish 1.5kg is also on offer this week - buy 2 save £5 = £6.93 incl vat for 2.

Our other regular purchases are:
    either fresh (£5.99 for 8) or frozen beef burgers (£9.99 for 20) (DS loves them). They are not particularly cheap but are excellent quality
    frozen beef slices (£9.99)
    blocks of mature cheddar - we go through loads - just bought one - 1.23kg - cost £5.84
    packs of mozzarella cheese
    packs of sausage rolls
    naan breads
    wraps
    milk - if we are in we will pick one up - 6 pints £1.55.
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    The big Hot Dogs at the Cafe
  • mrsv05 wrote: »
    can we have some more prices please, i was going to join years ago but didnt bother, now with a baby i may reconsider.
    thanks

I buy Huggies Nappies at Costco - they are about £15.00 plus vat for 186 nappies. In a few weeks time there is a coupon for almost buy one get one free - the last time this was on I bought 4 boxes and i am still using them.

Sometimes the Johnsons Baby wipes are as little as £3 odd plus VAT for the box of 6, next time they can be £6 - even at £6 its cheaper than Boots etc.

I have also bought the Johnsons Baby bath - its about £6 plus VAT for 6 bottles.

The biggest tub of sudocreme is about £6 plus VAT - again cheaper than I have seen elswhwere.

Hope this helps
    :wave: Fit Likeee!:j
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Large Pitta breads something like £1.30 for 3 packs x 6 breads
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a great thread!

The meat and fish is fab quality
    Pitta breads
    Mozarella cheese
    Feta cheese
    Peanut butter
    Washing powder
    Cans of coke
    Stamps of course!
    Sometimes their fruit and veg, especially for summer BBQ's
  • Agree the in store bakery stuff is usually very good (although they sometimes have an alarmingly long list of ingredients!). Croissants and danish pastries freeze well (I've been known to interleave the danish pastries to stop them sticking with the small baking parchment circles you get from Lakeland, how sad is that?!!).

I haven't used it for that but Costco is a good place to shop for food and drink for parties as they have big packs in the deli and chiller cabinets. I used to buy the big chocolate cakes for my kids' birthdays when they were younger and the huge pizzas!
  • Good idea mrs scrooge!

Definitely the large birthday cakes - when I'm there I always try and pick up some of the fax forms at the bakery - just fill in the child's details and fax to them a couple of days before you need to collect the cake. Have also used these cakes for other special occasions such as a thank you / leaving do.

When the passports are around (usually Oct / Nov?), most of the deals on there are pretty unbeatable and worth stocking up on - I still have a garage full of loo rolls, kitchen rolls, tissues, bold tablets, finish tablets, not to mention the huggies nappies from end of last year!!

The kirkland signature, costco's own brand, can be pretty good too - in the past I used their baby wipes happily, although I have never tried their nappies.

Teabags are usually a good buy, as is coffee in the large tins - I usually decant some coffee into a smaller container and seal the big tin with foil to try and keep it fresh though.

Baby car seats when they have them can be good value, as can strollers etc.

Batteries - kirkland sig are fine for these too.

Black bags and bin liners - I always get these when I'm there. Disposable gloves - a large pack lasts ages for any messy jobs, and I always keep a pair or two in the car in case I have to get under the bonnet.

Their flowers are gorgeous too, and I think good value for what you get.

Office supplies such as printer refill cartridges and paper can be good, but need to compare with staples, viking or online.

I'm sure I'll think of more soon!
  • I haven't used it for that but Costco is a good place to shop for food and drink for parties as they have big packs in the deli and chiller cabinets. I used to buy the big chocolate cakes for my kids' birthdays when they were younger and the huge pizzas!

Also for parties, the huge tins are great - eg sweetcorn, pineapple, corned beef and tuna for sandwiches.

Forgot the whole garlic sausages in the dei cabinets, and the austrian smoked cheese whic the kids love.

Best thing of all are the regular food sampling demos, usually on a weekend, although there can be a bit of a scramble to get there sometimes!
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    I buy my mince, chicken breasts, chicken satay sticks ( £5 for 25) Mozzareella sticks, bacon, muffins etc. They are all great quality and cheaper than supermarket. The frozen chicken breasts are £8 for around 15/16 breasts. Also buy the southern fried chicken reasts from the freezer - they are £10 for around 15 breasts too = big though. I ry and go once a month to stock up the freezer.

I also buy the box of greeting cards - just under £9 for around 30 cards - Hallmark and great quality. Packs of wrapping paper are great about £6 for 240 assorted sheets llasts years!
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    I buy my mince, chicken breasts, chicken satay sticks ( £5 for 25) Mozzareella sticks, bacon, muffins etc. They are all great quality and cheaper than supermarket. The frozen chicken breasts are £8 for around 15/16 breasts. Also buy the southern fried chicken reasts from the freezer - they are £10 for around 15 breasts too = big though. I ry and go once a month to stock up the freezer.

I also buy the box of greeting cards - just under £9 for around 30 cards - Hallmark and great quality. Packs of wrapping paper are great about £6 for 240 assorted sheets llasts years!
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family