IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Failed appeal to Parking Eye/Popla

Comments

• And11
    And11 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, not just any random member of staff. The Manager.

The fact they have a screen for VRN input in store, shows it is to do with them and we know PE always issue retailers with a phone number or email and they CAN cancel. I bet that Boots Manager cancels these all the time.

Ok, I will try that asap and update.
  • And11
    Thankyou for the advice, I called and spoke to assistant manager who is now emailing p.e to cancel so hopefully will have email to confirm within two weeks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2017 at 11:26PM
    Norty staff member for fobbing you off.

Awful customer service for the left hand not to know what the right hand is doing/can do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • And11
    Yes, seems to happen a lot these days
  • And11
    Cant believe this latest update, got another letter from PE yesterday with 14 days to pay £100. Called boots opticians again the manager emailed me back with this.....
    My manager has spoken to parking eye and they have not cancelled it from our request because you have already appealed it through a private company which overrides a cancellation from us. Jenny has tried to ask them to do it but they have said she cannot override the original appeal.
    The only thing I can suggest is getting in touch with them again.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Time to start rattling the cage at Boots head office then!
  • And11
    Problem I have is I doubt they do anything within the two weeks, I sent a complaint through Resolver.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    looking at this PE will issue an MCOL so start drafting your defence asap and put it on here for critique

read up post #2 of the NEWBIES thread so you know what to expect and complain direct to BOOTS CEO and/or Head Office, in writing

try and get them on your side , especially if they are the landholder. if there is an MCOL , pay the Land Registry for landholder details and contact them (if different) and try to get it cancelled or a letter from them stating they do not wish this to go to court

dont wait until the last minute and then come on here in a panic
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 May 2017 at 11:44PM
    And11 wrote: »
    Cant believe this latest update, got another letter from PE yesterday with 14 days to pay £100. Called boots opticians again the manager emailed me back with this.....
    My manager has spoken to parking eye and they have not cancelled it from our request because you have already appealed it through a private company which overrides a cancellation from us. Jenny has tried to ask them to do it but they have said she cannot override the original appeal.
    The only thing I can suggest is getting in touch with them again.

Complain to the Head office of Boots or in fact, to their CEO (Google and you will find the top banana, I am sure).

Also rant on Twitter and Facebook about Boots failing to protect customers from notoriously litigious parking firms and failing to understand that people attending for eye care might be perfectly OK to drive but would not see tiny small print on a distant sign.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • And11
    edited 27 April 2017 at 11:39AM
    Manageress from shop is contacting head office and getting back to me within the hour, her suggestion too. Posted a few words on social media sites too re case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure