IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye judgment

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Lazos wrote: »
    Sorry, just to clarify Tris...This isn't Lainee, I hope?

No . It's another PE case featured on PePiPoo.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My old Mum used to say "what goes around comes around" I do really hope someday it does!
  • Lazos
    Lazos Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Phew, was in a panic! Thanks for clarifying, am following this with interest.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lazos wrote: »
    Phew, was in a panic! Thanks for clarifying, am following this with interest.

same here

I really am glad its got this far and I hope to see a complete resolution in lainiee`s favour and PE get spanked over this in court, hopefully with lainiee winning in the next round and costing PE a shed load of money in costs and compensation etc to boot !!

they deserve nothing less due their awful treatment of this person and should be utterly ashamed of themselves
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Good news and well done, but why do consumers have to put up with this? Trading Standards, CAB, Which, all seemd to be powerless. Someone needs to park an a disabled space, get a ticket and throw the book at them.

If their tickets are unenforceable, the courts need to start declaring them vexatious litigents.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Someone needs to park an a disabled space, get a ticket and throw the book at them.
    If I had a disabled relative now I would have done this like a shot about two years ago! There really is money waiting for people to sue for harassment & discrimination, particularly if threatening to sue big firms like Aldi and the Range (lainieee's case was the Range of course). You just KNOW the big Supermarkets would pay up rather than be taken to court for Equality Act breach.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 4consumerrights
    Options
    lainieee wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just an update so far..

Well yesterday 21st January I had the hearing to have the judgement set aside. Judge agreed to set it aside & granted all but one of the ten directions my representative put forward.. :)
    So stage one completed & a massive thanks to my representative from peppipoo \o/ yay :) my representative also gave me advice on a few other issues I need to deal with. Im so very grateful for the help & advice given to me not only from my representative but also everyone here & elsewhere who have been working behind the scenes so to speak. Thankyou & well done :)

Didnt realise how much today had affected me until I passed out after getting home from the dentist at 4pm. Exhausted, aching everywhere but especially painful legs. I was woken around 6.30..& still felt urrghh.

I've not been around on here due to my father being rushed in to hospital early in December, he had become seriously ill with pneumonia & emphysema, thankfully he has been making a very slow recovey. My laptop has also stopped working & so can only connect via my phone which is also having fits with charging& holding a charge & randomly restarting. New phone needed methinks lol..the laptop I can fix tho :)

So, just because im not around alot it doesn't mean nothing is happening...quite the reverse :)

TTFN
    Lorraine xx

Lorraine - just caught up with this thread - no doubt the competent pepipoo representative will assist at the hearing - you should be able to put in a counterclaim at the same time - against Parking Eye (though may have to pay a small fee) and then file a separate claim against the Range and CDS. I am sure that you have included all the necessary costs regarding overturning the CCJ in your claim.

This case has always stuck in my mind and others and references to this are always made.

Parking Prankster has featured this on his blog:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/parkingeye-default-judgement-overturned.html

You take care of yourself now and keep us all updated - you can pm me at any time if you like.:)
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2014 at 11:01PM
    Options
    Lorraine - just caught up with this thread - no doubt the competent pepipoo representative will assist at the hearing - you should be able to put in a counterclaim at the same time - against Parking Eye (though may have to pay a small fee) and then file a separate claim against the Range and CDS.

<fx:uncloak> I'm the Lay rep assisting with this case, after CM got in touch with me privately.

Just to keep up to date, we now have a POPLA code, and I was down at The Range today banging on doors, while my clerk was taking photos of the Signage, which I can't read without my glasses!

I'm trying a new angle of attack outside the court and POPLA, and that is that as PE are losing so many cases on Locis Standi, that is whether they are entitled to take court action, I'm applying to the court to strike PE as the claimant and substitute The range, then potentially get the press involved. A superstore suing its disabled customer for an alleged parking fine when their own tills broke down? The Daily Heil will have a field day and we might even get it on telly with his Expertship :money: :rotfl:
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2014 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Thanks for the info BenefitMaster - pm(s) sent!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    <fx:uncloak> I'm the Lay rep assisting with this case, after CM got in touch with me privately.

Just to keep up to date, we now have a POPLA code, and I was down at The Range today banging on doors, while my clerk was taking photos of the Signage, which I can't read without my glasses!

I'm trying a new angle of attack outside the court and POPLA, and that is that as PE are losing so many cases on Locis Standi, that is whether they are entitled to take court action, I'm applying to the court to strike PE as the claimant and substitute The range, then potentially get the press involved. A superstore suing its disabled customer for an alleged parking fine when their own tills broke down? The Daily Heil will have a field day and we might even get it on telly with his Expertship

Fantastic efforts so far, BM!:money:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure