IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ANPR parking ticket for trespassing nightmare

Comments

• The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Then once it is sent you can email official complaints to the BPA and the DVLA which is very important if this lot of chancers are to be struck off.
    We've seen a number of cases here where N Martin is trying to get people to send their POPLA appeals through ANPR. That is very naughty, so every instance we know about MUST be complained about to BPA and DVLA. Only by having a significant number of complaints will get the lazy self-serving b***s at those organisations actually to do anything.
  • hal81
    hal81 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Thanks for your replies...Just to confirm the 10 digit code which was on the letter is the actual popla code? What should I write to popla ..should I send them an email or letter? I'm abit confused about what to do. N Martin ask me to write back to him with that code an he will give me details for the independent appeals services.. Is this a trick
  • hal81
    Thank you for your replies...Just to confirm the 10 digit code which was on the letter is the actual popla code? What should I write to popla ..should I send them an email or a letter? I'm abit confused about what to do. N Martin ask me to write back to him with that code an he will give me details for the independent appeals services.. Is this a trick?
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes of course it's a trick. N. Martin has no interest in helping you, he is only helping himself...to your money.

Loads of examples of POPLA appeals in these threads. Cobble something together and show us.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    hal81 wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies...Just to confirm the 10 digit code which was on the letter is the actual popla code? What should I write to popla ..should I send them an email or a letter? I'm abit confused about what to do. N Martin ask me to write back to him with that code an he will give me details for the independent appeals services.. Is this a trick?

Yes a well known trick by N Martin, pleeease wise up about these scumbags!

YOU DO NOT write back to him. On pepipoo, a poster called Sal13 believed that lie and then ended up 'timing out' on her 28 day POPLA code:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80005&st=0&p=831393&#entry831393

Other proof that this is a lie:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80363&st=0&p=835924&#entry835924

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=61951079&postcount=5

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4660943

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4693751

Your POPLA code runs for ONLY 28 days starting with a certain date, check when in the post by Jack155 here in post #84 which PROVES this is a POPLA code:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=77510&st=80

And if this search still works look at all these threads on pepipoo! :eek:

You should be able to write a humdinger of a POPLA appeal about this load of chancers and there is NO WAY they should win at POPLA if you nail it! I wrote one for Sal13 in post #16 on her thread as linked (I post as SchoolRunMum on there). That and the other threads should help you to create your own version.

Have you done the official complaints to the DVLA and the BPA yet about this sharp practice? It's so clear you don't need us to point out what they've done wrong...(allegedly fraud).

Get the POPLA appeal drafted first as your clock is ticking!! Let's see your draft you put together after all that reading(!) here so we can fine tune it.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hal81
    I went onto the popla website to check the verification code to submit evidence but the code is showing as invalid. I received the letter from ANPR on 1st July, i thought this code was valid for 28 days..or have they gave me a fake one??
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hal81 wrote: »
    I went onto the popla website to check the verification code to submit evidence but the code is showing as invalid. I received the letter from ANPR on 1st July, i thought this code was valid for 28 days..or have they gave me a fake one??
    Check the date your POPLA code was issued using this.
    Then check the date on your notice of rejection from ANPR. What's the difference in dates?

Then make yet another complaint to POPLA, BPA and DVLA over this. Or at least insist ANPR issue a valid code to you.
  • hal81
    Firstly I want to mention the tricks which ANPR are doing, I have received the following letter on 1st July 2013 (please see attached letter). I had specifically asked for the details to make an appeal to POPLA and the code, I advised ANPR that not further correspondence will be made to them without these details. As you can see from the letter that ANPR have issued a 10 digit code but they do not confirm if this is the POPLA code and again they are asking me to write to them which I am refusing to do as I made it specifically clear in my last letter that further correspondence will only be made with POPLA. I have tried the 10 digit code on your website to submit evidence and it is not recognised.
    Furthermore ANPR have a bad reputation on many forums on the internet, as they have messed around with many other innocent people by letting the POPLA code time out and purposely miscommunicating information.
    I received a parking charge notice on 21/06/2013. I parked my car in the college car park behind my house as there was no signs displayed anywhere, which I assumed was taken off due to the college summer break.

Inadequate Signage:
    I believe the parking ANPR agent put the signs back onto the lamp post and then issued me with a parking charge notice, which I believe is unfair. When I confronted the agent regarding the signage, he said the signs had fallen down to the bottom of the lamp post and still could be seen. I require evidence of this, as I believe he is lying as there were no signs at all. There is also a camera attached to the college which is facing the car park, evidence can be obtained from the camera that the signs were not displayed at the time I parked the car there. Also see the attached photographs of the one of the signs that had been taken off and had not been replaced and shows how the signs are poorly secured to the lamp post using plastic bands. The sign on the lamp post is also positioned incorrectly as a driver would have to come into the car park by trespassing in order to read the actual sign, please see the attached photograph 3 of the entrance in relation to the sign on the lamp post, it is clear that the sign cannot be read from the entrance.
    No Contract was Knowingly Entered and No Losses Have Been Demonstrated:
    The car park was empty due to the summer break, there are no other cars parked at the time of the incidence please see photograph 4.

Grace Period:
    While I was disputing with agent the fact there were no signs in the car park, he did not give me adequate grace period to leave the car park and wasted my time before issuing the ticket.
    I also dispute that the Operator has written authorisation from the landowner to operate on the land in question, issue parking tickets or pursue outstanding charges. I therefore require the Operator to demonstrate that they have sufficient authority to pursue outstanding parking charges, in line with Part 7 of the British Parking Association's Code of Practice.

I dispute that the signs at the location were adequately sited; that the driver did not see the signs is a strong indication that they were not properly located in line with Part 18 of the British Parking Association's Code of Practice. I therefore dispute that the terms and conditions of parking were clearly and fully drawn to the driver's attention and require the Operator to demonstrate that the signage at the site was in accordance with the Code of Practice at the material time

As the Operator is pursuing this matter using the provisions within Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, I also require the Operator to demonstrate that the signs give 'adequate notice' in line with Para 2(3)(b)(i) and Para 2(3)(b)(ii) of Schedule 4 of the Act.

I dispute that the sum requested from the Operator represents a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the Operator or the landowner that could have resulted from the driver's conduct on the site or any alleged breach of contract by the driver or any alleged trespass by the driver. I challenge the Operator to demonstrate that the sum requested is in fact a genuine pre-estimate of their losses on the occasion in question.
  • hal81
    I wondering if anyone can help me with above letter, if it makes sense, and do i have a good chance of winning this appeal?. I need to send the email by the 28th July as it is exactly 28 days from when the rejection letter was dated from ANPR
  • hal81
    I just checked the code ANPR sent at the bottom of their letter and it does work on the POPLA website , i must have made a mistake before when checking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure