Promised an interview after an informal chat, but haven't heard back

I had an informal discussion with a potential employer a couple of weeks ago that went extremely well. They said they would definitely call me back for interview and that I'd get an email about it in a week or two. It's been just over two weeks now and I haven't heard anything back yet. I know from the nature of the company that it's not unusual for them to be slow moving with regards to this kind of thing. But I'm wondering if I should send them an email? Obviously, I can't blatantly ask for an interview, and I don't want to come across as pushy, but at the same time I don't want them to think that I'm not enthusiastic about the job. It seems to be quite a fine line...

Comments

• "Hi X, just want to check in with you after our chat the other week and see if there was still a chance of progressing things? The role sounded great and I'd be excited to talk more about it more"

Or something like that. Don't use the word job or interview in your email.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    I think the wording from ringo is very good. Sets exactly the right tone without either being too pushy or implying that somebody might be dragging their feet.
  • Aviendha
    Aviendha Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "Hi X, just want to check in with you after our chat the other week and see if there was still a chance of progressing things? The role sounded great and I'd be excited to talk more about it more"

Or something like that. Don't use the word job or interview in your email.

Thanks, that sounds like just the right thing to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure