Child benefit not been paid for 14 months!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• missapril75
    missapril75 Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I phoned child benefit and I was told that a letter was sent to me in January and it was returned stating ‘gone away’ but that the letter might not have been sent by child benefit department....

I was told I needed to complete a new claim form and that I could request for mandatory consideration to backdate payments as I have lost out on 14 months....
    They said they put it on hold for 9 months then it ceased but it doesn't make sense as 9 months would be September - strange.

Speaking from a general benefits angle and accepting different benefits have different rules but also that the basic principles are often similar it sounds more like a suspension.

In which case it wouldn't need a new claim unless one had been closed...and if that was the case a decision would have been issued previously.

But the information they've asked for, in whatever form they have requested may be the best way for it to be reinstated...so long as you make it plain you want it to be continuous and that by making a new claim you are not accepting one claim stopped and a new one begins later.
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    They said they put it on hold for 9 months then it ceased but it doesn't make sense as 9 months would be September - strange.

Do you mean January 2015?
  • Helen224488
    Options
    Thought I would give you guys a quick update: Good news - Child benefit is reinstated from 10 August 2015. I received a backdated payment today and will receive a further one on Monday then regular payment every 4 weeks.
  • Catnip63
    Options
    Thought I would give you guys a quick update: Good news - Child benefit is reinstated from 10 August 2015. I received a backdated payment today and will receive a further one on Monday then regular payment every 4 weeks.

That's good news
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport