IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye judgment

Comments

• Lazos
    Lazos Posts: 93 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2014 at 1:50PM
    Still checking up on this thread and thinking of you Lainiee.
  • Lazos
    Lazos Posts: 93 Forumite
    Looking forward to media attention - Re: The Range
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Great news! How better could the working week end and the weekend begin? :D
  • bod1467 wrote: »
    Great news! How better could the working week end and the weekend begin? :D

With the news of another court loss by ParkingEye in Melville-Shreeve land (but a different judge) and two cases of ParkingEye court action being cancelled by the landowner.

But you might have to wait a bit for me to get all the details.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • <fx:uncloak> I'm the Lay rep assisting with this case, after CM got in touch with me privately.

Just to keep up to date, we now have a POPLA code, and I was down at The Range today banging on doors, while my clerk was taking photos of the Signage, which I can't read without my glasses!

Well, as some who have seen the Prankster's blog will know.

WE WON!!! :T

POPLA found that there can be no loss for an overstay in a free car park. Well, whodathoughtit!

Ironically, Mrs BM has been on the other side for it - nights have been interesting when we were pre-fighting the case in front of my father in law and perfecting our arguments before Hiz'Onner over dinner. As I just said in a different place last night, Mrs BM and I often end up on opposite sides in a fight, and so some interesting Chinese Walls have developed.

I'm consulting with CouponMad and Lainieenow as to whether we progress to an Equality Act claim against PE and TheRange. Mrs BM says we have a case, and she won't be involved, so she'll help...

But well done to Lainiee for having the guts to fight, and Couponmad for passing it to me to deal with.
  • With the news of another court loss by ParkingEye in Melville-Shreeve land (but a different judge) and two cases of ParkingEye court action being cancelled by the landowner.

But you might have to wait a bit for me to get all the details.

And news is coming in of another PE case in derby where the claim was dismissed.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Wow what a bad day for parking eye :) it breaks my heart honestly lol
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2014 at 4:40PM
    And news is coming in of another PE case in derby where the claim was dismissed.

It would appear the defendant had help from a stranger! many kind souls out there, warms your heart.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Well done BM and Lainieee :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills