The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• Hi
    I have 35000 to invest and do not have a clue where is best for my money.Can anyone offer any advice.
  • ICICI are hopeless and they wont open an account for me unless I first open a current account with them.

This is because they will not link a joint account with their savings account.

Oh and it took them four weeks to process and then decide to send my cheque back to me uncashed.

Appalling service frankly.
  • khrest wrote: »
    ICICI are hopeless and they wont open an account for me unless I first open a current account with them.

This is because they will not link a joint account with their savings account.

Oh and it took them four weeks to process and then decide to send my cheque back to me uncashed.

Appalling service frankly.
    This happened with me. If you have a cheque showing both names as joint account, you must both sign it. So all you have to do is just resend that returned cheque with the other signature.
  • notis7
    notis7 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Guys - the best high street instant access at the moment is Abbeys 6.50% but that is for new money only followed by A&L who pay no interest when you make a withdrawal!
    Halifax have a web saver extra at 6.15% with 1 free withdrawal at a maximum investment of £100k
    and then the rest trail in with just above 6% or less....
  • yebaws
    yebaws Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Heard that this bank are in deep with US sub-prime problems and that Moodys are about to remove their triple A rating. I'm no expert, but financial commentators have suggested that they may be using UK savers to "plug a funding gap" - Hence the very high interest rate on offer.

I think your first £35K will be guaranteed, but if your lucky enough to have more savings than that, I wouldn't put it here....
  • I have two teenagers who want to open high interest internet savings accounts.

Most sites seem to require a minimum age of 18.

Who offers the best deal for a 16 year old?
  • suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    yebaws wrote: »
    Heard that this bank are in deep with US sub-prime problems and that Moodys are about to remove their triple A rating. I'm no expert, but financial commentators have suggested that they may be using UK savers to "plug a funding gap" - Hence the very high interest rate on offer.

I think your first £35K will be guaranteed, but if your lucky enough to have more savings than that, I wouldn't put it here....

I've opened an account but waiting to deposit the cash as they need a bank statement from my linked account. I'm a bit worried now. Anyone else heard anything?
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
  • suelees1 wrote: »
    I've opened an account but waiting to deposit the cash as they need a bank statement from my linked account. I'm a bit worried now. Anyone else heard anything?

Have a read of this thread. I suggest you have a look at the link I provide near the bottom of that thread. I think they're as safe as anyone, but that's just my opinion.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=758385
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    suelees1 wrote: »

Paper statement seems to have been removed - separate thread on it.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    thanks getthemax. I usually do my research so I'll continue to keep on top of things and not let the media allow knee jerk reactions.
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback