Walk 1000 miles

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    I had not taken into account the midge bites slowing me down at the weekend, we were attacked by huge numbers of them and in spite of wearing a repelant, I have a number of bites that are driving me nuts 2 days later :(
  • Wizard_of_Id
    I did well this week with over 26 miles covered :T
    I found that I can set targets using my watch and it displays the daily mileage so that I can see at a glance how many I still need to do to reach my target.
    I have that week set to run from Sunday to Saturday so I will update my signature on Sat as well.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Doing my walking early morning or late at night, too hot in the middle of the day. I'm taking water with me as well to keep hydrated. Now on 551 miles.
    ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • SalemD
    SalemD Posts: 29 Forumite
    I am up to 98 miles for the year.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm aiming to get in about 30 miles walking and about 30 miles running over the weekend :) and if all goes to plan 9 new wainwrights that I haven't climbed. Yay to the lake district and a long weekend off work :)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Wow, my Fitbit clocked me at 98 miles last week! That has gotta be a record for me :dance:
  • Wizard_of_Id
    29 miles for me this week and todays walk also involved a 1000ft climb.

I am well chuffed with my improvement over the last couple of weeks, I may need to re-think my weekly target :o
  • SalemD
    SalemD Posts: 29 Forumite
    I did a 3 mile walk today. It was nice being out with a warm breeze. I am trying to make it a daily habit.
  • I try to do 6 to 7 miles a day!!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    I just made it over the 25 mile mark this week with 25.1mls, The longest walk all week was today at 6.5mls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure