How much for fascias, roof trims, guttering and soffits

Comments

• mwa
    mwa Posts: 364 Forumite
    Just an update for anyone interested - had Anglian out today and the following quote for total replacement of guttering, fascias, soffits and downpipes all replaced in UPVC (white) and including complete take down of existing:

LIST PRICE 7200
    PRICE WITH DISCOUNT 4200

!!!!!

I sent them on their way and received a call later from the 'manager' offering 3600 as their lowest price but this still sounds way too much so I politely declined.

Am going to get some quotes from local builders and see how I get on.

Was very surprised at the high cost as I was expecting something less than 2k based on what people said here.

:rotfl:
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,094
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How the hell do Anglian get away with it? the materials will be no more than £350 and it will take 2/3 guys a day. And they think they are doing you a favour at £3600.

Thats outrageous.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    phill99 wrote: »
    How the hell do Anglian get away with it? the materials will be no more than £350 and it will take 2/3 guys a day. And they think they are doing you a favour at £3600.

Thats outrageous.

Full replacement fascia is expensive and Anglian use 20mm jumbo board. You can't do a replacement job off ladders as you have to push back/take off the first row of tiles so it's usually scaffolded/easi-decked. Agree 3.6k still expensive
  • darich
    darich Posts: 2,145
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    phill99 wrote: »
    How the hell do Anglian get away with it?

Because unfortunately, not everyone shops around, and many people sign up to those prices.
    As long as people continue to pay, the prices will continue to be quoted.

Keen photographer with sales in the UK and abroad.
    Willing to offer advice on camera equipment and photography if i can!
  • typeractive
    typeractive Posts: 913
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not sure if this helps at all, but my builder just changed the fascias, and guttering on the back of my house (except the soil pipe - which I will do soon). He did a great job. Took best part of a day due to some fiddly bits - I was there to watch / chat and loan a hand.

Looks really good - £200 all in (parts and fitting) I think my mate thought that was a bit pricey, though in comparison to some of the prices on here it seems really good. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, as I didn't have any soffits to replace etc. Literally just fascias, guttering with the clips etc, down pipes.

...wish I could say the same for my plumber who I'm having concerns with at the moment.
    "The future needs a big kiss"
  • Hi!
    Just had a quote from "Jones Windows Systems" for £3675 if I sign up in the next week for my semi. Interestingly they did the house opposite (identical to mine) for £1700 and a terraced house in the same block for £1000. Having seen them at work twice now, they do do a replacement job up ladders as they use wedges to raise the first couple of rows of tiles then push the wedges up to slide the plastic underneath. It takes 3 lads 5 hours to do the job.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for builders / roofers in the South Manchester area?
    Thanks
    Kevin
  • Hi!
    Just had a quote from "Jones Windows Systems" for £3675 if I sign up in the next week for my semi. Interestingly they did the house opposite (identical to mine) for £1700 and a terraced house in the same block for £1000. Having seen them at work twice now, they do do a replacement job up ladders as they use wedges to raise the first couple of rows of tiles then push the wedges up to slide the plastic underneath. It takes 3 lads 5 hours to do the job.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for builders / roofers in the South Manchester area?
    Thanks
    Kevin

A6 Windows posts on here regarding windows and fascia and is in manchester
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    they do do a replacement job up ladders as they use wedges to raise the first couple of rows of tiles then push the wedges up to slide the plastic underneath

This method has cowboy written into it. First of all even the best fitters struggle to do a replacement job off ladders (I've done it 20 years plus and its very awkward) and, secondly, wedges under tiles works but you can't effectively install eaves trays properly and the fascia is never straight afterwards. Trust me.

Mw Roofline are a Midlands based company but they do up north every other month iirc. 0121 353 5646
  • nat-nat_3
    nat-nat_3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 April 2011 at 2:49PM
    Hi all

just wanted to post a reply regarding fascia and soffit...my husband owns a company that does this job and for a 3 bed semi he would charge around £2000 all in easi dec and all plus disposal of old.

Hope this helps x
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Reported MD xxxx to abuse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income