OVO Energy - problems with the website

uptomyeyeballs
uptomyeyeballs Posts: 575 Forumite
edited 4 January 2012 at 11:22AM in Energy
Have any other OVO Energy customers had any problems with the website?

I've sent a gas and electric meter reading at the end of every month since July 2010, but the website usage facility doesn't plot any of the data (it shows January 0001 on the graph axis), and I haven't had a bill sent to me, either emailed or printed, at all since then. I can't view any previous bills (they're not listed) and the only way I can get an illustrative bill is 'on demand'. It then generates a bill from July 2010 to the date of generation.

I've sent comments via their system, but nothing seems to have changed.

Comments

• Switched in August 2011 and immediately ran into problems. The web site meter reading input function is unreliable and on several occasions I've input readings only to have the page hang. Eventually one or more of the readings (Normal, OffPeak and Gas) will be accepted and subsequent re-tries will work at some point. I really don't heve the time to waste and I've told them. An apology was forthcoming a few months back, but it's just as bad today.
    To make the experience even worse, they managed to get the initial meter readings the wrong way round and despite pointing this out, providing a photo of the meter and several reminders they have yet to sort this out. Every statement I've had has therefore been complete nonsense. I've been a household electricity / gas consumer for 30 years+ and on-line with several other companies and this is by far the worst I have come across. Getting a bit annoyed now, after 6 months of this !
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    spidey500 wrote: »
    Switched in August 2011 and immediately ran into problems. The web site meter reading input function is unreliable and on several occasions I've input readings only to have the page hang. Eventually one or more of the readings (Normal, OffPeak and Gas) will be accepted and subsequent re-tries will work at some point. I really don't heve the time to waste and I've told them. An apology was forthcoming a few months back, but it's just as bad today.
    To make the experience even worse, they managed to get the initial meter readings the wrong way round and despite pointing this out, providing a photo of the meter and several reminders they have yet to sort this out. Every statement I've had has therefore been complete nonsense. I've been a household electricity / gas consumer for 30 years+ and on-line with several other companies and this is by far the worst I have come across. Getting a bit annoyed now, after 6 months of this !

When I first joined in Feb 2011 their website was reliable. However now difficult to input meter readings and appear to come back with an error. Also they were very efficient in June of wanting to raise my DD by £5 despite I was £60.00 in credit at the time. I am now £420 in credit.

I come off their fix deal in about 2 weeks and have already made arrangements to move away from them.

Also they always expect you to be in credit but that really is not to much of an issue.

Will definately not miss them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport