• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    VALM wrote: »
    Which one? Just being nosey.

?
    It is an Anastasia Beverley Hills single in Champagne
  • VALM wrote: »
    I'm going to go into Boots tomorrow and do this. Don't have a voucher but I do have enough AP points for one pack of No 7 wipes so I will be only paying cash and full price for one pack. Did you get the GWP too?
    There was no GWP when I got mine, Valm, just the 3 for 2 and those vouchers they're always giving out!:)
  • Couple more UUs today:
    9. St Ives Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes WBA
    10. Dirt Works Buttery Salt Scrub WBA

Also I've TA two blushes that are too battered to GA and 2 body lotions/creams, one of which is the Vitamin E Creamy Oil Body Lotion from my PP list. I've remembered why I hadn't been using it; I hate it!
    Been through my palette drawer; it had become a bit overwhelming and I wasn't getting the best use out of ones I really like so I've been through and GA 6 palettes and 1 quad. Much like dolly84, I'm trying to be a bit more brutal with makeup.

Enjoy the weekend everyone; hope it's a good'un! :)
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I popped into Poundland today to see if I could track down one of the Sleek palettes, but they were sold out. Has anyone else has any luck?

24) UU - Aveeno cream, WBA.

25) Carex Love Hearts liquid soap - a bit runny, but WBA just because of the nostalgic smell. I pulled another liquid soap out of stash and discovered it was a limited edition Queen's Diamond Jubilee edition - ooops! Still a way to go with the stash I guess!
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Still hanging on here but no news to report. :(
    Trying to declutter the house but it honestly looks like a bomb has hit it! :eek: So much stuff just pulled out and although I've made attempts to tidy up and through some stuff out I am horrified at just how much clutter, clothes and toiletries I have. :( I am quite distressed thinking about how much money has been spent over the years on stuff I'll never use.
    TBH I feel a shocked at the level and a bit drained with the thought of a never ending supply of clothes, toiletries etc etc that I can not see an end to!! :(
    I'm not quite sure where to start!
    I found a plastic storage box full of the Mr Shoes Botantics trio set of body butter, body scrub and bath salts, when I say full I mean I have 7 sets! :eek: The boxes have been battered so I can't pass off as presents in the box either although I know they've not been used. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. :(
    Any ideas?
    TIA
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Hermia
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Still hanging on here but no news to report. :(
    Trying to declutter the house but it honestly looks like a bomb has hit it! :eek: So much stuff just pulled out and although I've made attempts to tidy up and through some stuff out I am horrified at just how much clutter, clothes and toiletries I have. :( I am quite distressed thinking about how much money has been spent over the years on stuff I'll never use.
    TBH I feel a shocked at the level and a bit drained with the thought of a never ending supply of clothes, toiletries etc etc that I can not see an end to!! :(
    I'm not quite sure where to start!
    I found a plastic storage box full of the Mr Shoes Botantics trio set of body butter, body scrub and bath salts, when I say full I mean I have 7 sets! :eek: The boxes have been battered so I can't pass off as presents in the box either although I know they've not been used. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. :(
    Any ideas?
    TIA

I think it is best to just not think about the money you have wasted. I felt the same especially when I realised what I could have done with the money. One day it dawned on me I could have paid for my dream holiday with the money I have spent on unused stuff and it was depressing. You just have to move forward.

You sound like you are just going around your house randomly pulling things out? Stop! You will overwhelm yourself and end up giving up. Just start in one place and finish it or set yourself a target to accomplish each day. For example, decide to remove 10 things from the house each day. Start with something easy like ten magazines or catalogues that can go immediately in the recycling bin. If you start with things that are easy and can be immediately removed from the house it will make it easier to see what is left.
  • Hi Asset,

Hermia has give you some really good advice there.

All I can really add is again, try not to beat yourself up over things, what's done is done! Have you had time to reflect on why you overbought? That could be useful in preventing that behaviour coming back. I know I hoard a bit if I don't keep things in check, I do with skincare. It comes from a fear of not having money and not looking good enough, as well as a comfort blanket if feeling bad. Buying nice things to try to feel nicer when I don't feel nice!

Could you do some car boots when weather gets better?
    Also don't worry about scruffy packaging, perhaps you could repackage yourself in some paper and a bow or cellophane? Doesn't have to cost a lot, I often wrap presents in plain tissue and then a nice ribbon and can look quite classy!

I am nearing the end of quite a few things, but nothing exciting yet.

The dandelion powder is getting pretty annoying to use but persevering.

Only UUs are a sample of a lush cleanser, forget the name it's actually aimed at men as a face and beard wash. WPB it has fruit acids in and is quite a gentle exfoliant, not scrubby.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March 2017 at 12:50AM
    asset'- make a gift basket. Fill up a hat box, mug or fancy box with paper and wrap with a bow. Seriously loads of places make them up with stock that has not sold and dismantle gift sets and sell them for mothers day or valentines day.

Don'-t worry about the decluttering. It is always better after the total up mess and it can be cleansing to rid your enviornment of what you don't need. After I did a big declutter, I could not face buying a lot of stuff not needed or even to duplicate products.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Two more UU to report.

Valeur Absolue Joie Eclat perfume sample. WNBA. Not my type of fragrance.

Living Proof Volume Shampoo. WBA. Really love this brand.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Hermia
    Hi Asset,

Hermia has give you some really good advice there.

All I can really add is again, try not to beat yourself up over things, what's done is done! Have you had time to reflect on why you overbought? That could be useful in preventing that behaviour coming back. I know I hoard a bit if I don't keep things in check, I do with skincare. It comes from a fear of not having money and not looking good enough, as well as a comfort blanket if feeling bad. Buying nice things to try to feel nicer when I don't feel nice!

I think working out why you overbuy is so important. If you don't work that out you are in danger of just getting in the same situation all over again. I know I start shopping when I am unhappy with my life. I also stock up on things as a sort of security blanket and then feel bogged down with the amount of stuff I have! I am still working out my motivations. My mum was the same and had cupboards and cupboards of toiletries so there is a link there.

Trying to sell stuff will definitely make you feel a bit less regretful. For the things you can't sell I recommend trying to find a person or an organisation who would really like them. Knowing you are really helping someone can alleviate some of the regret.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure