Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Comments

• Thanks Harrassed for your quick reply. did youhave any aadvice on my predicament however, should I also send of the letter?
  • Depends on how old the debt is. If over six years old and you've made no payments or acknowledgement of the debt in that time, then use this letter.
    Name of Creditor
    Address of Creditor

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account No/Reference No:

No debt is acknowledged to you. You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”.

The last correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)

[url][/url]http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/cp151apa.pdf
  • Depends on how old the debt is. If over six years old and you've made no payments or acknowledgement of the debt in that time, then use this letter. If not, use the other one.
    Name of Creditor
    Address of Creditor

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account No/Reference No:

No debt is acknowledged to you. You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”.

The last correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/cp151apa.pdf
  • Harassed wrote:

And, SparkleMonkey, apologies if needed. Just that you're the first person I've ever come across with a good word for Aktiv Kapital (owners of Thames Credit).

Thanks, apology not really needed but I appreciate it!

Reading the posts on this thread I have been very lucky indeed.

I wish you all the very best
    Debt at highest-£30,000 (2001) :eek:

Debt now-£0 :rotfl:

Debt free in January 2007!!!!! wooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :beer: :j :T :A
  • What a crock of human extrement, surely some has to regulate these responses as some people may actually believe the rubbish contained within to be true. Get back to hiding behind your computer you cretin.
    better still you return to under your little bridge Mr Troll
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • better still you return to under your little bridge Mr Troll

Exactly. Trolls aren't needed here.
  • hello
    i wonder if someone can give me some advice I have had a letter from Aktiv Kapital for a debt i had in the late 1990's I have not contacted them or paid anything for over 6 years so thought i could say that the debt was statute barred and they wouldn't be able to take it further but now they have threatened me with doorstop collecters so i am scared now should i offer them a payment ?
  • Please can anyone help?:cry:
  • FatJock
    FatJock Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi Sharonpoole,

Not able to offer much advice ubt I would suggest you send the letter thats posted eariler on in this thread. It might prove very useful.

I'm sure others will be along to offer some advice.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    FatJock
  • thanks for that i'm in two minds still tho do i send this letter and risk collectors knocking on my door still or shall i just offer to make payment ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure