DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• jk8_2
    jk8_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    thanks for the replies-have cancelled the dd's and husband has had a letter from tsb asking him to set it up again, its not been reinstated by them as yet,but its early days I guess.No word from barclays,but yes my overdraft (and personal reserve I didnt ask for but stupidly never removed!)will cover 2-3months of missed payments.
  • jk8_2
    jk8_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    thanks for the number ianmak:)
  • sandalwood_2
    sandalwood_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Eupho wrote: »
    :wave:

I know with my HSBC account.. It has a payment for my HSBC credit card.. and my Loan with them set up.
    Online.. It allowed me to cancel the Credit Card DD.. but not the Loan payment.
    I noticed a few days later.. the Credit Card DD.. was BACK on. :mad::rolleyes:

Hello all,
    thought I would pop in and stick my 2 pence worth into the "shiney new thread" oooooo!
    Re the d debits going back on,it has happended to me twice,I check my old bank account on line and a loan for MBNA has been reinstated and Abbey loan is still active,I both canceled this on line .I spoke to my bank -gulp- and they said that I would have to speak to the creditors and get them to cancel the D debits,which obviously they wont as I guess they are stil trying to get the cash every month so I will just keep on canceling them every time they re-instate,big time pain in the a**e,but will just have to keep doing it I gues.....
  • St0lli
    St0lli Posts: 594 Forumite
    Hi all :hello:

I haven't posted on this thread for a while but just wanted to say hi to all those who are starting their DMP's soon and to assure you that you are all doing the right thing! I had exactly the same concerns as most of you ie phone calls, letters, defaults etc but I can officially confirm that (for me anyway) that the fear of the unknown is far greater than what actually happens. I'm just going into my 3rd month of DMP payments and yes I've had the phone calls (got caller id so have not answered ONE call from any of them), I've had letters and only today I had a lovely postcard from MBNA :rotfl:

As long as you follow the GREAT advice on here and come back when you have any queries I am sure everything will be fine. Thanks to this forum I've sorted out my SOA and made great savings on insurance, phone etc. I've claimed back nearly £1k from CC charges which will reduce my outstanding balances and best of all... I am beginning to really enjoy my life without having to worry how I'm going to juggle my money each month.

So for anyone hesitating I would just say GO FOR IT! I've certainly got no regrets.

PS the postcard from MBNA I received today was very crafty....
    It said:
    St0li
    I confirm that I will be calling you week commencing 01/06/2009.
    If inconvenient please call 01244629946 extn 13090. Ref: Book C

Surprise surprise... I haven't phoned them!
    Light Bulb Moment 4th January 2009 :eek:
    Started DMP 1st April 2009 :A
    DMP mutual support thread member: 267 :j
  • tishywish
    tishywish Posts: 210 Forumite
    MBNA have been a nightmare with me from the start - I am so glad the rest of my creditors have been great as that makes up for MBNA! I've sent off for my CCA from the DCA, no response so last week I sent them another letter as they started to hassle me for more money. Why do I have a feeling they won't like my letter?

Apart from MBNA all my creditors have still been quiet, apart from letters from two of them now I'm entering my second year of my DMP to say they've accepted the slightly increased payments.
    LBM: March 2008
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 198
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    St0lli wrote: »
    Hi all :hello:

I haven't posted on this thread for a while but just wanted to say hi to all those who are starting their DMP's soon and to assure you that you are all doing the right thing! I had exactly the same concerns as most of you ie phone calls, letters, defaults etc but I can officially confirm that (for me anyway) that the fear of the unknown is far greater than what actually happens. I'm just going into my 3rd month of DMP payments and yes I've had the phone calls (got caller id so have not answered ONE call from any of them), I've had letters and only today I had a lovely postcard from MBNA :rotfl:

As long as you follow the GREAT advice on here and come back when you have any queries I am sure everything will be fine. Thanks to this forum I've sorted out my SOA and made great savings on insurance, phone etc. I've claimed back nearly £1k from CC charges which will reduce my outstanding balances and best of all... I am beginning to really enjoy my life without having to worry how I'm going to juggle my money each month.

So for anyone hesitating I would just say GO FOR IT! I've certainly got no regrets.

It said:
    St0li

Brilliant St0lli :T

Thank you for that... its encouraging! :T:j:beer:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • St0lli
    Eupho wrote: »
    Brilliant St0lli :T

Thank you for that... its encouraging! :T:j:beer:

Thanks Eupho but I think I've got a long way to go until I can equal the encouragement and enthusiasm you give everyone on this thread! :j (oh dear that sounds a bit like the self admiration club doesn't it! :rotfl:)
  • CharliesAngel
    CharliesAngel Posts: 435
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    only today I had a lovely postcard from MBNA :rotfl:

It said:
    St0li

haha did they go anywhere nice... did they 'wish you were there'? :p I think not... dread to think the amount of interest we've all paid them in the past...

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thanks Eupho but I think I've got a long way to go until I can equal the encouragement and enthusiasm you give everyone on this thread! :j (oh dear that sounds a bit like the self admiration club doesn't it! :rotfl:)

I can't find a pat on the back smiley, so I thought I'd doff my hat to you all. In fact, I can't even do that. So it'll just have to be something a little more personal. :)

:kisses3:
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • St0lli
    haha did they go anywhere nice... did they 'wish you were there'? :p I think not... dread to think the amount of interest we've all paid them in the past...

CA x

I would imagine with the interest all of us have paid over the years the whole of MBNA could go on a round the world luxury trip! :rotfl:

The reference about 'Book C' did annoy me though... they are obviously trying to be very sneaky and if someone wasn't thinking straight they could assume it's regarding a book club or something similar.. bunch of ********** (feel free to insert your own expletive!) :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills