PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Buying and then selling a house within 6 months

2»

Comments

• Hi all,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to ask for some advice...

my slef and my fiance have just purchased our first house and moved in a month ago, upto yet it has been a living nightmare due to horrendously noisy neighbours making our life a misery!
    We've attempted to try and solve the problem by speaking to them about it, and now we have resoreted to banging on the walls - none of which makes any difference.
    Quite simply we cant see ourselves staying here any longer, as shift workers we really value our peace and quiet and our privacy is being invaded by their noise every single day.

what i want to know is, are there penalites if we were to put the house on the market after being here for 6 months? do we have to disclose the length of time we have lived here or could we bend the truth a little? also if we do have to disclose that we've only lived here for a short period, do we have to tell them the reason why we are selling so soon or could we tell a little white lie ie "relocating due to job change" or something like that?

We are genuinly miserable in this house and it just doesnt feel like home for either of us... the whole First Home experience has been ruined and we just want out ASAP!!
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm having a thick day today - what's the problem with a) selling a house before six months and b) selling one at under 50k? Why won't banks lend on them?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hostie1085 wrote: »
    Hi all,

my slef and my fiance have just purchased our first house and moved in a month ago, upto yet it has been a living nightmare due to horrendously noisy neighbours making our life a misery!
    We've attempted to try and solve the problem by speaking to them about it, and now we have resoreted to banging on the walls - none of which makes any difference.
    Quite simply we cant see ourselves staying here any longer, as shift workers we really value our peace and quiet and our privacy is being invaded by their noise every single day.

what i want to know is, are there penalites if we were to put the house on the market after being here for 6 months? do we have to disclose the length of time we have lived here or could we bend the truth a little? also if we do have to disclose that we've only lived here for a short period, do we have to tell them the reason why we are selling so soon or could we tell a little white lie ie "relocating due to job change" or something like that?

We are genuinly miserable in this house and it just doesnt feel like home for either of us... the whole First Home experience has been ruined and we just want out ASAP!!
    http://www.practicalconveyancing.co.uk/content/view/8716/0/
  • bmar71n
    bmar71n Posts: 68 Forumite
    nothing illegal with it, it is common as people buy at auction and turning around the properties very quickly at a profit
  • hostie1085 wrote: »
    Hi all,

do we have to disclose the length of time we have lived here or could we bend the truth a little?

You'll get found out if you lie, that info is freely available on the web to anyone.
    Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that she is pink; we logically know that she is invisible because we can't see her."
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hostie1085 wrote: »
    what i want to know is, are there penalites if we were to put the house on the market after being here for 6 months? do we have to disclose the length of time we have lived here or could we bend the truth a little?

How would you 'bend the truth'?

Your title deeds will show when you bought. The title deeds will be seen by your solicitor and the buyer's solicitor, who will no doubt share your length of ownership with the buyer's lender......

The only penalty for trying to sell within 6 months is the lack of someone to buy, as they'll find it difficult to find a lender willing to lend to them.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure