PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2015 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy Anniversary Lynnejk :happylove
    £16.13 spend for me today at Tesc*.
    I am going to go to Ald* tomorrow for the first time see what I can find :):)
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

£280 again please Coxy. Will reduce possibly next month if I come under again, but not sure if last month was a fluke. Also, I will have two birthdays to cover; so possibly not doable.

So far have had some small spends and three big shops at Asd*, Ald*, and Tesc*. Total spends from all so far £153.18
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    I had a NSD on monday but yesterday spent £11.20 at M&S as a colleague had a birthday at work so needed to get a pressie and a card. Also bought hot chocolate, a soft drink and a packet of crisps for work at £3.85 today. Tomorrow OH will need to get milk and cat food so will update with his spends then.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • rubiesr4eva
    rubiesr4eva Posts: 355 Forumite
    Evening everyone.

Tomorrow I have to fit 2 days work into 1, as we are away Friday - sunday with DS2's dance comp. So as I usually do my weekly shop on a Thursday, I've done it today instead, but only shopped till Monday, then depending what is left in the freezer and cupboards, will see if I need anything for Tuesday & Wednesday next week.

We are taking a fair amount of food with us this weekend, so as not to have to spend too much while away, hoping for enough food for the 4 of us to have breakfasts and lunches, and to have evening meals out. Have also shopped for DD who will be stopping at home, along with her BF and 2 other friends, so was very surprised when bill came in at about £45 from Tesco. I still need to get saus and bacon, but will get these from Iceland and morrisons tomorrow, when passing by, as they are considerably cheaper!
    Loving life to the full, just need purse full too :)

2015 GC £561.86 / £3710 Mar GC 0.00 / 280.00
    Feb NSD - 8 Mar NSD - 1
    50p Challenge 2015 - £62.50
  • Just spent £23.89 at Tesco but have stocked up on lots of washing powder, easter eggs for nieces/nephews and some other bits and pieces. Pleased as I managed to get £10 off, plus 'saved' £8.55 on promotions so quite pleased.:j

Still trying to use up the freezer contents :o

I have a foreign student coming in 2 weeks so this may throw my budget out a little next month.
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    In my first week I have spent: £55.45, so I have £269.55 left of my budget. Any underspend I have at the end of the month I'm going to siphon off into the holiday spending money account :)
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2015 at 1:09PM
    Spent £10 yesterday which really didn't need to be spent. Went for coffee with a friend, £5, bought Subway £3 and 2 reduced sandwiches £2 etc. Not just that, but i've been charity shopping - got some bargains, but it all adds up. Oh well, not too much damage.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    was feeling really tired and fed up yesterday so DH said he'd pick up dinner on way home from work to save me cooking.he went to supermarket and spent £35.67!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on bagged lettuce sliced beef bagged washed potatoes and cider. plus an apple pie and icecream. unbelievable. And all this 2 days into me giving up sugar so couldnt eat the half of it anyway. I'm now even more fed up and he's probably stuffed my £200 budget for the month. I'm a very unhappy OT.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Spent £42 in Morrisons and £13 in Waitrose today. So a total of £55.
    That did include of magazine for £3.95 though, and a splurge of £5 on some non-dairy salted caramel ice cream (OMG, amazing!!).
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Updated last spend for February so I was under budget by about £19.

Did two shops in aldi at the same time! It was a bit manic at the till- won't be doing that in a hurry again! Used my last two aldi vouchers so well stocked up for the month.
    So 37.18 and 33.22 have been added to my March budget. I am hoping Sunday will be less than £10 because I should just need fruit and veg for the week as I have jog hurts, milk and ham.

I have been doing this for a year now and my monthly average has been £219.52. Although at the beginning of the challenge my. I the were about £250 and now they are closer to £200 so that average will lower over the next few months!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure