What's a reasonable price for carpet fitting

Anyone any ideas about the cost of carpet fitting, fitting only, not supply. Hall, stairs and landing, 26m2 total. Stairs are bog standard, hall and landing are rectangular.

Thanks

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Shouldn't cost more than £100
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Hi,
    Carpet fitting rates vary around the country as with most trades, things are cheaper in the North than the South. I am in Leicester in the East Midlands and I would charge for this job (if local) £67.00 This figure is for £2 per square metre, and a £15 surcharge for hall, stair, landing. The reason a surcharge is added is a 26 square metre room would take two of us an hour to an hour and half to fit, but 26 metres H/S/L will take 3-4 hours to fit.
    This charge assumes all furniture has been removed from the fitting area and the old carpets removed and the area cleaned before the fitters arrival. We will gladly move furniture, lift old carpets and clean, but the more we do, the higher the charge.
    Also worth noting, this price does not include disposal of the old carpet or new carpet off-cuts, as once again this is chargeable. We advise our customers to take the old carpets to the local tip as in their vehicle it is classed as domestic waste, but in our vans is classed as trade waste and is therefore chargable.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other flooring related questions.

Rob Mancester, thecarpetfitter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport