Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Keith99
    Keith99 Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Have you cancelled yet?

Same as me, they won't offer anything over 50% and mine is due to cancel at the end of the month
  • Yes cancelled a few days ago, hopefully a new deal will be given to staff to offer soon
  • asturdy2
    asturdy2 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Just finished live chat to give my 31 days notice, was offered 50% off but declined so im just going to wait it out, got 50% off with £75 credit last year.
    3.64KW system, aurora power one inverter, South west facing with no shading in Lancashire.
  • My Sky landline and broadband was up for renewal so I phoned up and said I was looking for a better deal but wanted to see what they could offer before I left. The agent was very polite and helpful and asked me if I'd seen a better deal and, as it happened I'd done my shopping around and found exactly the same deal for £9.00pm less. "Give me a minute and I'll see what we can do..." Less than 30 seconds later I was offered a £10.00pm reduction and completed the call in less than 5 minutes. Wish I could make 120 quid that quickly every day!
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Just called to cancel. I was offered a 40% discount so £22.80 for box sets. They also told me they do not do a discount on multi screen anymore.

I considered going for it but pointed out my box was over 6 years so said I wasn't going to agree unless they could confirm it would be free for a engineer to fix if it breaks. She couldn't guarantee that so I just cancelled.

They do take the pee with existing customers. My brother got the MSE deal a while ago of full package and broadband and Q box for £30 per month.

I will miss sky living but figure I can leave it up to 28 days to rejoin when they cut me off and still catch up on the shows I've missed!

Fingers crossed I get something good offered!
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Aye_Up
    Aye_Up Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cancelled Sky a few months ago, rang me a few times some weeks back. Anyway 75% and £100 credit, makes the TV free for 10 months on the box sets bundle.
  • factor29
    factor29 Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Cancelled 4th Jan, coming off a 60% off discount.

Straightaway offered 50% off for 10 months whilst on live chat cancelling. Immediately upped to 60% for 10 months when I refused.

Cancellation placed, and so far getting 50% for 12 months via TV and occasionally website (off and on).

60% showing on Sky service app.

Waiting out for hopefully 75% + credit + free (or cheap) Sky Q.
  • factor29 wrote: »
    Cancelled 4th Jan, coming off a 60% off discount.

Straightaway offered 50% off for 10 months whilst on live chat cancelling. Immediately upped to 60% for 10 months when I refused.

Cancellation placed, and so far getting 50% for 12 months via TV and occasionally website (off and on).

60% showing on Sky service app.

Waiting out for hopefully 75% + credit + free (or cheap) Sky Q.

You wont get the last bit without actually cancelling down and there's no guarantee even then. You have to be happy to do without it entirely.
  • End of contract approaching so used live chat yesterday to firstly confirm the end date that I had made note of was accurate with their records, it was. Then stated that I wanted to cancel the complete package, variety, broadband and telephone £64 month. Cancellation notice for broadband 14 days, 31 days for TV. Confirmed I wanted to leave. No offers given to entice me to remain and did not bother to ask why I wanted to leave.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    End of contract approaching so used live chat yesterday to firstly confirm the end date that I had made note of was accurate with their records, it was. Then stated that I wanted to cancel the complete package, variety, broadband and telephone £64 month. Cancellation notice for broadband 14 days, 31 days for TV. Confirmed I wanted to leave. No offers given to entice me to remain and did not bother to ask why I wanted to leave.
    You haven't cancelled phone and broadband ? It's fine to cancel tv as reverting is very easy, but not so with the others.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback