PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Slightly off topic - *during the war* some American GIs.... caused part of the front elevation to drop.

In my boyhood town, the Americans caused quite a few things to drop....and I went to school with a couple of the consequences. ;)
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Project anyone? Can't believe someone's been living in this! (Albeit in one of the bothys, not the house itself).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27714753.html?utm_source=feedly
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    Project anyone? Can't believe someone's been living in this! (Albeit in one of the bothys, not the house itself).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27714753.html?utm_source=feedly

On the right of the page, there is a list of sold properties nearby.The property sold for £150 is a typo as it was sold for £135,000 according to Zoopla!
  • stitching_witch
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    North facing garden, tall house and no evening sunshine due to neighbouring similar properties....

'Fraid that, and the very steep patio in final pic, means I've written it off. Shame! ;)

I only said the house Dave; I'd have to pick it up and deposit it in a few acres of land....
    Making magic with fabric
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    Heaven!! I'd kill for that house.....

I'd fight you for it lol!
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    On the right of the page, there is a list of sold properties nearby.The property sold for £150 is a typo as it was sold for £135,000 according to Zoopla!

The £135k sale on Zoopla is two years after the £150 sale - the £150 will be the owner at the time buying out their croft (a crofting tenant has the right to become their own landlord for a one-off payment of 15 times the annual croft rent).
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    North facing garden, tall house and no evening sunshine due to neighbouring similar properties....

'Fraid that, and the very steep patio in final pic, means I've written it off. Shame! ;)

garden is 95ft long and on the west side has no buildings on (it is raised above road level with a drop to the pavement.

sun light is NOT a problem in that garden unless you need to sunbathe at 7 am in winter.

the list of people who would kill is growing!
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From "I'd kill for this house"......
    ca55ie wrote: »
    Spot the whale (pic 12). Interesting art work in pics 3 and 5 too

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39233845.html

to "I'd rather die".......

As advertised in the Daily Fail, sorry. :o
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 August 2013 at 4:12PM
    Options
    garden is 95ft long and on the west side has no buildings on (it is raised above road level with a drop to the pavement.

sun light is NOT a problem in that garden unless you need to sunbathe at 7 am in winter.

the list of people who would kill is growing!

So, having looked at it on the map provided by the agent, on the aerial and on Streetview, I'm hallucinating? confused-smiley-001.gif

What is that funny building in Pic 13 then? Oh hang on, it's in Pic 14 as well. It wouldn't happen to be 13 Dale End would it? That's what I see to the west of the garden.

To the east side of the garden, I see a blooming great wall. There is no evidence in Pic14 that the garden is somehow raised significantly above street level there. (Harrison Drive)

Nice try, but you should surely be putting people off if you want it so much. :p
  • GoldenShadow
    Options
    Don't think I would ever want to live in one, but I love how the inside is just not what you expect :D

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42280655.html?premiumA=true
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure