The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Wedding/dealing with mother

15678911»

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well done GlasweJen for managing to hold yourself together through all of this. You're doing great. Maybe once the excitement and drama of the wedding is over you'll have some space to think about different ways to manage your mum in the future. I think we all hope that given the significance of the major life event you're about to undertake, she might have been more reasonable. I can understand why your OH pushed you to involve her in table planning. But you know her better. It's all learning eh?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the support for people with narc mothers thread? Sounds right up my street. :D
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • neneromanova
    neneromanova Posts: 3,051
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry you have such a !!!! mother!! I've found a great place to vent about MIL's and Mothers is the reddit forum. Reading some of these stories is amazing that a woman can act like that!! If you post your story there, you'll get tonnes of help. https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/
    What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,577
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Well done GlasweJen for managing to hold yourself together through all of this. You're doing great. Maybe once the excitement and drama of the wedding is over you'll have some space to think about different ways to manage your mum in the future. I think we all hope that given the significance of the major life event you're about to undertake, she might have been more reasonable. I can understand why your OH pushed you to involve her in table planning. But you know her better. It's all learning eh?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the support for people with narc mothers thread? Sounds right up my street. :D
    This might be the one you're looking for:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5590020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family