Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Rather shocked at 3.5lb loss
    Obviously very happy with it but it's not really deserved
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great loss kathrynha :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes; I have been well and truly spoiled – and stuffed! Never mind, being back to where I was at the start of this challenge, I think I’m back to the beginning of the year! Oh well, without the carrot of the challenge, I’d be in a much worse position. Ha, ha, just noticed that kathrynha, is thinking along the same lines as me.

OMG, TG, that is terrible. It certainly puts things in perspective.

Hi, shaz, all welcome here.

Happy birthday when it comes, TIE.

Well done, kathrynha, for fab loss.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Well done kathrynha, great loss. Happy birthday GT x
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done Kathryn!

Yikes Top Girl - hope you're both OK!

Happy birthday TIE (not sure when it is!)

I'm another one massively struggling at the mo. It's stress, boredom, and a lack of routine for me I think - I'm spending a lot of time at home but chained to the desk doing things like report writing, lesson planning, and job applications. I find all those things so difficult and/or tedious that I end up caving and buying snacks and sweets to 'get me through', even though I end up eating them mindlessly (this is how I gained weight when teaching full time). I did pretty well yesterday but then after my evening class I was so relieved it was over that I bought three Creme Eggs and a bag of Maltesers and scoffed the lot :wall: :wall: :wall:

Not sure what's on the menu today. I'd quite like to do something in the slow cooker for when I get in from running at about 8pm... will report back later.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've been doing my SAS log all week and there is nothing showing up that I'm doing wrong! so no idea what happens next but whatever it will have to wait until after my holiday and DH's wrist operation so not until next month now!

Another Red day today:

B - toasted bacon & mushroom sandwich (HEB1); 2tsp light butter (3); 1Tbs brown sauce (1)
    L - seafood salad - seafood sticks; smoked salmon; lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, pickled onions
    D - beef casserole (from freezer) - beef, onions, garlic, carrots, swede, turnip, leek; with carrot & swede mash

HEA 1 & 2 - milk
    HEB 1 bread
    HEB2 - no idea but maybe some Ryvita & Laughing Cow (1 or 2 syns depending whether I have 2 or 4 Ryvita - half on each)

Syns - butter 3; brown sauce 1; Laughing Cow (1 or 2)? May treat myself to some maltesers 5

I'm not sure doing Red and Green days this week has really helped with my weight loss. After a sneaky peek this morning it looks like I might have lost a whole 1/2lb!

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday TIE

Determined to have a good week this week. My daughter has strict no chocolate instructions for Mothering Sunday, but going to save up syns incase I need them.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - Yogurt, grape nut and frozen fruit (should have got fruit out of the freezer earlier, as it is still frozen)
    Lunch - ham and cottage cheese salad
    Dinner - Ramen
    Snacks - watermelon

HA - milk
    HB - Grape Nut
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another one struggling. I just want to eat all day every day at the minute.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I think a few of us are struggling at the moment. Thing is if we weren't doing SW we would probably be gaining big time, so at least we are still here, and slightly more in control
    lol, I think you are doing really well ..................ignore me on the table instead :o

:rotfl:

Very true Katheryn :) and at least were in it together Chocomonsta:) and proof not everyone is perfect all of the time :D

Yesterday ended up being a 8 syn day,
    1.5 for pesto (will put more next time but my mum had some and had a little "I don't like pesto" moan hmmph!), 1.5 for a bit of leftover carrot cake porridge, I put too much cinnamon in so it's best in small doses, 3 - thins, 2 - coconut meringue, out of date so figured I better start eating them up :rotfl:

at the moment it's looking like I'm on for another gain this week, but I'm thinking of weighing in early tomorrow so I can go to the cinema with my boyfriend, and have some salted popcorn :A

Todays plan
    - breakfast - bacon, mushroom, tin tomatoes, egg
    - lunch - mug shot and carrot sticks <3 I might even make more houmous
    - dinner - Green thai curry :D! Got to figure out a recipe for that though coconut milk is sooo high in syns :'(
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • tammy61
    tammy61 Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    JOEDENISE .
    Oh my grief. There was I thinking I was doing so well. Thanks for explaining that.
    I have managed to get the original and green starter pack, which should arrive tomorrow. So hopefully I won't keep making mistakes.
    Yes the Mayo was lighter than light and I didn't even use a tbs full.
    Oh well back to plan.
    I've had and will be having today.
    Weetabix
    Milk
    I'm out for lunch but will be having chicken salad
    And tonight I will be having HM meat balls.
    It's also weigh in tonight so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. But will report back in later.
    I've never tried the 5-2 diet . I think I'd starve.
    Good luck everybody.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport