Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I suppose the answer to that is that these companies manage to keep drawing in new people to take the place of those who realise they're being exploited and leave.

It always amazed me when I was signed up to Mystery Diner how little they paid, how detailed the reports required were, and how far people were prepared to travel for a 'free' meal. No wonder the staff there seemed to have such a low opinion of the people who were actually paying their wages.
  • Yes and often the jobs involve you spending your own money so are not that great. I can't keep logging on every minute either.
  • Video had edged its fees down too

I dare say they have, there is also a great deal between working for buttons MF style and video work though
    If you know an agency putting its fees up, please share ;)

Plenty keeping rates steady for the right shoppers in the right areas.
  • Exactly - steady. Fees have been steady (at best) for the past decade! ;)
  • Exactly - steady. Fees have been steady (at best) for the past decade! ;)

Rather that than whinge about a company that knocks 25p off a visit every couple of months. Just saying there are alternatives to MF.
  • ...I quite like having the whinge :)

It's not as though anyone is doing such assignments to make a living - just for the sport and the food
  • Does anyone mystery shop with ipsos-mori? I am familiar with the company, but didn't know they did mystery shopping, too. Is the website http://www.ishopforipsos.com/ legitimate? Thanks.
  • genetic wrote: »
    Does anyone mystery shop with ipsos-mori? I am familiar with the company, but didn't know they did mystery shopping, too. Is the website http://www.ishopforipsos.com/ legitimate? Thanks.

Signed up with them. They appear to have very little work at present. Nothing in my area so cannot comment on the operation or fees but they do appear legitimate.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ...I quite like having the whinge :)

It's not as though anyone is doing such assignments to make a living - just for the sport and the food

TBF - there are some people who do make a living out of it. They seem to do a mix of video, audits, merchandising and some MS work. Do agree that report only work will not get you far though. I have been doing this for three years and the rates have remained static. All very much in line with my FTE who similarly has given mininiscule/non existent pay rises in that time. General trend in this country, costs go up, wages remain static and the rich continue to reap the benefits.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I did a mystery pub visit for RA last night. Brief said it should be between 23/09 and 30/09 and must be on a Friday. When I took the assignment my proposed date was 30/09 but then realised we couldn't do that date.

I filled in the questionnaire and when I hit the check button it says survey complete but when I try to submit it says to answer all questions. I emailed RA last night but they've not got back to me yet. Has anyone had similar problems?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback