Picture captchas !

Options
These picture captchas are getting weirder . I just had one which asked me to tick all the hamsters ? Except there weren't any. Only a rabbit, a squirrel, a chinchilla and some other furry creature.. It only let me enter when I had ticked all those !

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had that too. I had one which asked me to pick all the squares which matched the label 'road' and none of them did. I had to refresh to get a different captcha.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,174 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had to pick all the images if 'tea', including one with froth and one that was green. Yuk
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gizmobenny wrote: »
    These picture captchas are getting weirder . I just had one which asked me to tick all the hamsters ? Except there weren't any. Only a rabbit, a squirrel, a chinchilla and some other furry creature.. It only let me enter when I had ticked all those !

I had that one too though I only saw a guinea pig - or it could have been an obese hamster! :rotfl:

I have also had them asking to click on the buses - but there were no buses - only coaches! I suppose if these are American then they might call coaches 'buses'?
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    Options
    A few 'click on the gas stations' - defo American!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    A few 'click on the gas stations' - defo American!

I keep getting "Store fronts"
    2018 wins-12wins
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Prefer any of those to ******* road signs! Don't think I've ever had one go through 1st time!
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Prefer any of those to ******* road signs! Don't think I've ever had one go through 1st time!
    Those are a pain in the ***! They're the only ones I've ever had a problem with.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    Options
    I have a blog (nothing to do with competitions) and even when I'm signed in and reply to someone I have to go through the picture captchas.

Usually get street signs, then mountains or door numbers- they seem to go through quicker.

They also put people off commenting. :(

Not had too many annoying ones while comping though, and those I get seem to be quite quick.
  • MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986 Forumite
    Options
    I have been defeated by Captchas today. Every comp that requires I do a Captcha makes me go through anything up to 15 pages of them and then tells me I failed and makes me redo it and again tells me I failed. Problem is, when you are doing up to 15 pages of captchas on one comp and selecting 'street signs' or whatever it is asking for and the Captcha itself hasn't got a clue what a street sign (or mountain, or lake, or vehicle, or store front etc) is you are going to fail the test. It started asking me to complete multiple captchas this morning and what would normally take me a few seconds to complete has been taking up to 10 minutes per comp to enter. Carried on throughout. Driving me nuts.
    UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID
  • lolamia
    lolamia Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine have been exactly the same even though I am clicking the street numbers it is just going onto a next one sooooo frustratin
    Thanks to everyone's hard work in posting comps, and good luck to all :T An iPad A years supply of fudge A book Balance Festival tickets A set of recycled plant pots A £500 nights stay in Chelsea Thanks to everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure