Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• No idea what edible lawns are:o but they sound fascinating.

Must be the weather and time of year but we've lots of mushrooms which have just appeared in various spots in our garden. OH brought a small bucketful in this morning and even though I cook them every year and we've eaten them without adverse effects I'm still a bit apprehensive:(. These ones are just the large, flat field mushrooms that can be seen in markets etc. Nothing brightly coloured and spotted:rotfl:. OH read that if they can be peeled they are edible mushrooms and these certainly can be. Will probably add some of them to tonight's chicken casserole.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oo-er! That *sort* of thing, CBC - think dandelions, the berries of mahonia, lots of bits of the hawthorn, roses, sunflower,lavender, rosemary, sorrel, nigella, that sort of thing, normal.front garden plants. If you have your own mushrooms every year, then I suppose they're safe - but I've no knowledge and no training on mushrooms, so even tho I have a pretty picture I took locally of a fairy ring, I'm not touching them!

Done most of the first draft, but I'm really tired now, so shutting down the lappie.

And I have to confess a purchase ... Falling Skies Season 4 was about £18 a few months ago, and I chatted with Ed about it on his thread. Its now fallen to a fiver, delivered, so I just bought one off ebay :) Hours of amusement :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Well, we ate the chicken casserole (complete with mushrooms) at 6.30 and we both feel fine so far;)

Our mushrooms aren't in a fairy ring formation, just in small clumps or individually here and there.

Well done on your bargain buy and here's to many hours of cheap entertainment:beer:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    wow cbc - you & your OH are really brave! - mushrooms are one thing I'd not even try from the wild!

KC - on another topic - do you find yourself being selective with the yougov surveys? - I've been doing them on the sommute home but only if they pay a decent amount and are less than 15 minutes - got one this evening that said it was 20 minutes for a contest entry & found myself saying - heck no - my time is worth more than that!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    wow cbc - you & your OH are really brave! - mushrooms are one thing I'd not even try from the wild!

KC - on another topic - do you find yourself being selective with the yougov surveys? - I've been doing them on the sommute home but only if they pay a decent amount and are less than 15 minutes - got one this evening that said it was 20 minutes for a contest entry & found myself saying - heck no - my time is worth more than that!

Still alive:j. Our mushrooms are just growing in the garden (it's massive) and it's very rural here. They are just the ordinary field mushrooms the same as pop up most years. The very first year we risked them I asked a few old country people locally who all said they were just normal mushrooms. They looked at me as if I was really stupid for even doubting that they were edible:o. I'd never risk eating any that I found away from our own garden though. Brave I ain't!

I've never had a 20 minute survey from YouGov in all the time I've been doing them (years and years:(). I personally don't select mine, just do whatever comes but then again I doubt I'd bother with a 20 minute one either especially as it wasn't for cash/points. Am just one 50p survey short of a £50 payout and it can't come quickly enough for me:o. Nice to claim the money but very daunting to then have to start on the long, long slog to the next £50 payout:eek:.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    As CBC said just above *this* post - they're from her garden, RT, and she's eaten from the same crop before, so they must be safe. As a complete noob, like you, I don't have that option :p
    Good question! I've done one prize survey, and then realised how counter productive it was - I won't bother with the prize things again. Since I'm at 4,555 points or something :D I'm not too selective about the rest - there's a gap of years in my survey filling, I just want to get that voucher :beer:
    Still alive:j.
    Yay :j
    I've never had a 20 minute survey from YouGov in all the time I've been doing them (years and years:(). I personally don't select mine, just do whatever comes but then again I doubt I'd bother with a 20 minute one either especially as it wasn't for cash/points. Am just one 50p survey short of a £50 payout and it can't come quickly enough for me:o. Nice to claim the money but very daunting to then have to start on the long, long slog to the next £50 payout:eek:.
    Wow! I'm not sure if I'll start again ... maybe, maybe, since my income is so ridiculously low. If I win on the premium bonds, I won't bother :D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Gorgeous lovely sunshine here! But I have to work, bother - 3 hours worth. I think I might pop out this morning, very briefly, which means I'd better shut down the lappie again soon.

I *did* manage to do a supermarket shop last night - using a 15% off voucher from Sainsbo, bought lots and lots and lots of the few Sainsbo things I actually prefer, and stocked up on vitamins too, it all helps to ensure I don't have to visit the shops too much.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That went well yesterday :)

Today, got a few emails to send, got 1 hour paid work, got to send a birthday card (hmm, see a theme? :) ) and I have a quick phone call soon about that Chronic Fatigue seminar I went to. No idea what the phone call's going to be like, and trying hard not to tar them with the same crapola I've had from the other nhs branch I've had dealings with recently.

Tea! Mugs of, now :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Yep, it's all good. V. v. tired, but I enjoyed Bake Off :)

Now I'm on the hunt for a copy of today's Daily Record up in Scotland ... will be haunting people :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    There's a new noun in town: "wedmin", wedding administration. New to me, anyway, though I see its already in the Urban Dictionary :) Been doing quite a bit - we're going to have to work hard to keep up our end. Its good fun tho :D

Am rethinking the diary - its no longer standard mfw fare, and might even be stopping me branching out to pore over the matched betting threads...

Still, did a yougov survey, 10 mins for 50 points, and been to the supermarket, as well as wedmin - trying to keep a balance :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport