can you claim disability allowence and still work full time

Comments

• Peapod2
    Peapod2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I go clubbing on my MC LM but then I also work and go to uni. So what if i'm disabled it doesn't mean i need to sit at home all day feeling sorry for myself - that's the role of the perpetual jobseeker.

No, what I am saying is, this lady who had actually had hurt her leg when she applied for DLA was in fact 100% better by the time she received it. (I myself know said woman and I heard her bragging about it in one of the local cafe's a few days after my friend told me. One of the things about living in a very small place is that there are no secrets)
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Criteria for DLA is you have to be ill for 3 months prior and be predicted to be ill for 6 months after your claim so unless she's got a crooked doctor or is the worlds best liar (since claiming DLA is nigh on impossible) then perhaps she's recovered enough to get on with life a bit but still has an unseen disability?
  • Peapod2 wrote: »
    No, what I am saying is, this lady who had actually had hurt her leg when she applied for DLA was in fact 100% better by the time she received it. (I myself know said woman and I heard her bragging about it in one of the local cafe's a few days after my friend told me. One of the things about living in a very small place is that there are no secrets)

you probably dont know the full story. if you think she is claiming frauduently then report her...they will investigate. i dont need waking aids, and on a good day can manage to go to very familiar places on my own, but i cannot go anywhere unfamiliar unacompanied therefore i get lrm. i dont tell people i get dla, or if i do i dont tell them which parts precisly because of attitudes like this. i feel bad enough for claiming it when im not physically disabled wihtout people assuming they know more about me and my problems than i do.
  • you probably dont know the full story. if you think she is claiming frauduently then report her...they will investigate. i dont need waking aids, and on a good day can manage to go to very familiar places on my own, but i cannot go anywhere unfamiliar unacompanied therefore i get lrm. i dont tell people i get dla, or if i do i dont tell them which parts precisly because of attitudes like this. i feel bad enough for claiming it when im not physically disabled wihtout people assuming they know more about me and my problems than i do.

As I said living in a small town people can't keep secrets.
  • Peapod2 wrote: »
    As I said living in a small town people can't keep secrets.
    Having lived in a small town in the past, I'd also add 'what they don't know they'll make up'.
    s/e
  • what is wrong with the boards these days? Another one asking if she should 'shop' her next door neighbour somewhere?? What a small minded petty attitude some folks have these days.....don't see/hear the most god awful abuse when it happens under their noses - but ye gods if somebody gets a motability car....
  • i thin its partly the governments/news/media fault for constantly going on about people claiming when they are fine and have been caught out playing golf everyday or such like. no one hears about the peopel who need the benefits and dont claim because theya re scared to, or dont feel they should, or claim and get turned down. really makes me mad.
  • i thin its partly the governments/news/media fault for constantly going on about people claiming when they are fine and have been caught out playing golf everyday or such like. no one hears about the peopel who need the benefits and dont claim because theya re scared to, or dont feel they should, or claim and get turned down. really makes me mad.
    Hear, hear! Purplecatlover.

It seems to me that the chronically sick and disabled are the new 'unmarried mothers' that it's all right for the rest of society to look down on.

Oh dear. I'm now a disabled single parent. That firmly puts me in my place, doesn't it?
    s/e
  • & look down on they do....never mind the 12 billion spent on identity cards, the olympics, NHS computer system/Police computer system's which never worked! Also hate the assumption that the disabled should stay at home (under a nice tartan blanket) and never join in with the rest of the world! Somebody does that mean you are disabled and had s-e-x too? Whatever next!! : )
  • Somebody does that mean you are
    disabled and had s-e-x too? Whatever next!! : )
    Oh, no, mouseymousey. I had sex then became disabled.

There you go, proof positive that sex is bad for you. :p
    s/e
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family